Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with my Blue Artifact deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a local FNM deck?
Trinquin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs moar Wurmcoil.

Wurmcoil is just a blow out if u turn 3 it.
Taodd
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend less everflowing chalice, none really. What are they doing for the deck? I think you're better off with more creatues and/or spell pierce and a 25th land. I've done a bit of testing with a similar deck and noticed that running 28 mana sources is too many, but going to less than 24 land in order to run chalice always turned out bad.

Also counterspells can be hard to use well in the deck, it doesn't really wanna leave mana open early much and if you do it's usually an obvious sign you have a counter. That's why I like spell pierce in the deck, it's much easier to keep mana up for it and few expect it. Depending on your meta dispel could also work, especially if there are lightning bolts and doom blades everywhere.

Good luck with the deck, when it works it's a blast to play! Very Happy
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: I beat vampires ramp and valkut with this Reply with quote

Here's a deck I have been working on for a bit I made it UW since it fits best with the mechanics of the deck. lack of counters is due to the amount of board sweeping effects in tier one decks, rather than sit back and wait for an opening. Counter spells are one for one cards at most times.

ManaLeak's "Why so Serious?" special
// Lands
2 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
4 [M11] Glacial Fortress
4 [SOM] Seachrome Coast
1 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [M11] Plains (4)
5 [M11] Island (1)
1 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
3 [WWK] Celestial Colonnade

// Creatures
3 [SOM] Salvage Scout
3 [M11] Sun Titan
4 [SOM] Grand Architect
3 [SOM] Trinket Mage
4 [SOM] Vedalken Certarch
3 [SOM] Wurmcoil Engine
1 [SOM] Steel Hellkite

// Spells
1 [SOM] Mindslaver
1 [WWK] Everflowing Chalice
3 [ZEN] Spreading Seas
2 [ZEN] Day of Judgment
1 [M11] Elixir of Immortality
3 [M11] Condemn
3 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
1 [SOM] Sword of Body and Mind

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M11] Brittle Effigy
SB: 2 [ZEN] Into the Roil
SB: 1 [M11] Jace Beleren
SB: 2 [ROE] Gideon Jura
SB: 4 [M11] Flashfreeze
SB: 3 [ZEN] Cosi's Trickster

The Idea is centered around being agressive from the start
And my sb is not optimal yet since i still have to test alot more but I have won 2/3 with vamps,ramp,and valakut.

Centarch is one of those essential one drops since he can set up do some dmg to slower decks or trade for goblin or removal vamp when I drop a architech I don't try to protect my guys because I know I am just drawing a titan to pick them up later game and want to draw out as much targeted removal as possible then recycle it with a elixer from trinket. and if they don't remove it even better I have 3 creatures that make 6mc artifacts free with some mana left to pop mindslaver or equipt a sword or play another creature.

So I belive it is fairly consistent

Vs ramp having swords and hellkites help alot since you can play either on turn four against ramp mindslaver combo has won both games vs ramp on turn six. Side in cosi tricksters to slow search effects and flashfreeze.

vs vamps drop a jace then a mindslaver have them sac all they dudes side in effigy to take care of recurring creatures. Elixer helps to get back trinket mages. Force it into late game.

vs valakut spreading seas and racing with dmg and trinket mage elixers until sun titan breaks though with techtonics.

Last edited by ManaLeak on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1