Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pestermite (its the bomb) Legacy Combo

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
Pins4Sins

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Pestermite (its the bomb) Legacy Combo Reply with quote

Main Concerns is that the deck is stays UR, doesn't become more than $100-200.00. Its all on Pestermite/Splinter Twin, unless theres other creatures enchantments/spells.

The deck

UR Pestermite Combo (1.5 Legacy) (UPDATED)

// Lands
2 Halimar Depths
3 Cascade Bluffs
4 Shivan Reef
3 Mountain
11 Island

// Creatures
4 Pestermite
4 Drift of Phantasms
1 Daring Apprentice

// Spells
4 Ponder
4 Splinter Twin
4 Brainstorm
3 Izzet Signet
4 Daze
1 Wipe Away
4 Remand
4 AEther Spellbomb

// Sideboard
SB: 3 Spell Pierce
SB: 2 Wash Out
SB: 1 Shattering Pulse
SB: 3 Dispel
SB: 3 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 3 Pyroclasm

I need an over all perfect sideboard for handling all 3 problems Aggro, Combo, Control. (hows it look now?)

Its for a legacy casual tournament, needs to be as good as I can get it. I also don't play UR combo much in legacy, and i'm not familar with all of the cards in legacy so I would like some help with the main deck too.

That said, deck needs to be able to combo out well, needs to gave some game against aggro, needs to have a really good game against control.

Finally the metagame (60% aggro/midrange, 30% Control, 30% Combo) - no actual deck names, its casual stuff, I don't know what any of it is, mostly tier 2-7 stuff.

Ideas, suggestions, trolling, or if you wanna stroll by thats cool too.

Finally, thanks any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Pins4Sins on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck seems extremely fragile. If you don't draw both Pestermite and Splinter Twin, the deck does nothing and you have almost no way of protecting it.

Something as simple as Sword to Plowshares (a cheap staple in any deck playing white) will annihilate your deck (if they're not stupid enough to walk into Daze).

It's a nice little combo to have in a deck, but I really wouldn't build a deck around it. Just add more hard counters and more cheap Faerie's and go more aggro with the combo as a finisher seems much better.
arcannys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all what Hardtrack said is totally true.
decks that have only 1 win condition are often not good.

I like the idea for a casual deck tho, so i'll try to guive u some lines you could consider.

First of all:
Splinter twin is a dead card by itself if you dont have pestermite in hand so i'd consider adding more creature with triggered abilities as possible targets for aplinter twin.
Examples:
-Vendilion clique
-Spellstuter sprite
-avalanche raiders (fun card Razz)

Second:
As i said at the begining having only 1 win condition is not good.
So i'd suggest you to add some faeries along with a couple jittes.

Taking this in consideration you list would be something like:

// Lands
4 [GP] Steam Vents
4 [EVE] Cascade Bluffs
4 [AP] Shivan Reef
5 [SOM] Island (4)
4 [ZEN] Mountain (3)

// Creatures
4 [LRW] Pestermite
4 [LRW] Spellstutter Sprite
2 [MOR] Vendilion Clique
3 [FNM] Mulldrifter

// Spells
4 [FNM] Brainstorm
4 [ROE] Splinter Twin
2 [GPX] Umezawa's Jitte
4 [NE] Daze
4 [M10] Ponder
4 [RAV] Remand-(maybe counterspell or mana leak is better here)
4 [FNM] Fire/Ice (just to have some removal, you can add more counters w/e u like)

A last thought.
Daze is not good if your lands are not islands (shivan reefs, cascade~)
I'd remove them from the deck if you dont have access to steam vents or fetchlands. Spell pierce or spell Snare would be a good substitute.

Hope i helped
Take care~
R3wind

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm Kiki-Jiki? Someone please tell me why there is not at least one in the 60. Also this seems like it wants Lark as a backup plan.
Chefy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of 2 card combos that are just plain better and more synergystic. There is the Stifle/Dreadnought/Mosswort Bridge/Emrakul/Show and Tell deck (yes it is just a bunch of combo pieces and disruption with minimal card advantage). I mean NO into Pro is a combo... Anyway, trying to get a 6/7 mana combo going with one piece being a fragile creature is a poor idea to say the least.
Pins4Sins

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardtrack wrote:
The deck seems extremely fragile. If you don't draw both Pestermite and Splinter Twin, the deck does nothing and you have almost no way of protecting it.

Something as simple as Sword to Plowshares (a cheap staple in any deck playing white) will annihilate your deck (if they're not stupid enough to walk into Daze).

It's a nice little combo to have in a deck, but I really wouldn't build a deck around it. Just add more hard counters and more cheap Faerie's and go more aggro with the combo as a finisher seems much better.

well theres also remand, and the sideboard has dispel/spell p., I'm just looking to make the deck as good as it can be with any card legal in legacy, as long as its not expensive
Pins4Sins

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3wind wrote:
Umm Kiki-Jiki? Someone please tell me why there is not at least one in the 60. Also this seems like it wants Lark as a backup plan.

Because Lark is expensive?
Pins4Sins

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to use the faerie engine, lets just pretend SplinterTwin Combo is good by itself for once? Like I said...

Trying to build the best UR Pestermite Combo I can in Legacy, cards I've looked at "Izzet Signet, Daze, Remand, Ponder, Brainstorm, etc" I wanna stay strongly UR Combo the hyrbid is not needed as my playtesting has concluded.
Kamahl182

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add some blood moons xD.. sometimes they help against almost all Smile. and can give u free wins.. also its budget
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1