Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worlds 2010

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
ykpon
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Worlds 2010 Reply with quote

PV gets into top8.
As Nelson have kinda failed, it seems like top4 is enough for PV to become a Player of the Year. Gogogo! Very Happy

UPD: Looks like Nelson gets his 3 points anyway so top4 isn't enough, top2 is.
Black_Elf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if Matignon wins there's gonna be a playoff for Player of the Year Very Happy
EatsMortals

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO PV!!!! WHOOO!
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, yes. I like this Worlds.
#1 Good showing from PV.
#2 UB Control is the best deck in the format, I was right all along. Can't wait to rub this in the face of the local kids who swore I was an idiot when I told them that before States.
#3 Pros are now playing Ratchet Bomb in UB Control, everyone local said it was overrated and told me to cut it from my list, and I just bought 2 extra playsets of Ratchet Bombs last weekend for about $12 a playset speculating they would go up.
maps

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NahHolmes wrote:
Haha, yes. I like this Worlds.
#1 Good showing from PV.
#2 UB Control is the best deck in the format, I was right all along. Can't wait to rub this in the face of the local kids who swore I was an idiot when I told them that before States.
#3 Pros are now playing Ratchet Bomb in UB Control, everyone local said it was overrated and told me to cut it from my list, and I just bought 2 extra playsets of Ratchet Bombs last weekend for about $12 a playset speculating they would go up.

Razz
TacoMaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Worlds 2010 Reply with quote

ykpon wrote:
PV gets into top8.
As Nelson have kinda failed, it seems like top4 is enough for PV to become a Player of the Year. Gogogo! Very Happy

UPD: Looks like Nelson gets his 3 points anyway so top4 isn't enough, top2 is.

You get 2 points for playing in a Pro Tour (which Worlds is), so PV always needed 2nd or better.
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 U/B in the top 8 doesnt solidify it as the best deck.

Granted the deck is pretty powerful and I quite like some of the builds however the players in top 8 had to get there through 6 rounds of draft and 6 rounds of extended.

I'm interested in the decks that went 6-0 and 5-1 to see what type of field was out there as 1 of the top 8 U/B players went 3-3, 2 putting up a solid 5-1 and 3 putting up a 6-0.

Players that went 6-0 in standard
Brian Kibler playing U/W
Eric Froehlich playing R/B Vampires
Pierre Canali playing Elves
Lukas Jaklovsky playing U/B
Wafo Tapa, also playing U/B

Some players who went 5-1 in standard not playing U/B
Simon Goertzen playing Valakut
Chikara Nakajima playing R/W Aggro

3 of the players who went 6-0 in standard made top 8. 2 U/B one Vamps. Had those who were playing different decks who went 5-1 or even 4-2 made it through the draft and extended the Top 8 decks would look a little different.

Once we get a pro tour where the whole thing is standard then maybe we can get a grip on whats up there, I suppose I will sleeve up something that beats U/B as everyone jumps on that bandwagon for now.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raybelfast wrote:
5 U/B in the top 8 doesnt solidify it as the best deck.

Granted the deck is pretty powerful and I quite like some of the builds however the players in top 8 had to get there through 6 rounds of draft and 6 rounds of extended.

I'm interested in the decks that went 6-0 and 5-1 to see what type of field was out there as 1 of the top 8 U/B players went 3-3, 2 putting up a solid 5-1 and 3 putting up a 6-0.

Players that went 6-0 in standard
Brian Kibler playing U/W
Eric Froehlich playing R/B Vampires
Pierre Canali playing Elves
Lukas Jaklovsky playing U/B
Wafo Tapa, also playing U/B

Some players who went 5-1 in standard not playing U/B
Simon Goertzen playing Valakut
Chikara Nakajima playing R/W Aggro

3 of the players who went 6-0 in standard made top 8. 2 U/B one Vamps. Had those who were playing different decks who went 5-1 or even 4-2 made it through the draft and extended the Top 8 decks would look a little different.

Once we get a pro tour where the whole thing is standard then maybe we can get a grip on whats up there, I suppose I will sleeve up something that beats U/B as everyone jumps on that bandwagon for now.

Everyone has been on the UB bandwagon for a while, where have you been?

Also PV just made it to top 4

Edit- And he just got swept, oh well top 4 at Worlds is still epic, good job PV.
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing vampires mostly. Also my area is full of U/W and valakut. Most likely going to change now.
Shooter
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metagames change NahHolmes. It was the best deck for this tournament, but it def wasn't the best deck since before regionals.

GJ PV
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shooter wrote:
Metagames change NahHolmes. It was the best deck for this tournament, but it def wasn't the best deck since before regionals.

GJ PV

You mean States? Regionals were different sets.
UB was always the best deck, let's check the metagame for States Rg Ramp, Mono-G Ramp, Mono-Red Aggro, Elves, Uw Control, UGR Ramp, Mono White Relic. The only thing around now that wasn't then in any real numbers is Vampires which is actually one of the hardest matchups for UB just because they have a fast clock and Doom Blade is dead.
[PMP]evil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NahHolmes wrote:
The only thing around now that wasn't then in any real numbers is Vampires which is actually one of the hardest matchups for UB just because they have a fast clock and Doom Blade is dead.

Yeah, Matignon got lucky that froehlich's deck just completely failed on him.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[PMP]evil wrote:
NahHolmes wrote:
The only thing around now that wasn't then in any real numbers is Vampires which is actually one of the hardest matchups for UB just because they have a fast clock and Doom Blade is dead.

Yeah, Matignon got lucky that froehlich's deck just completely failed on him.

True, but Vamps is not as bad a matchup with the lists that the top 8 were playing so it's not like he would have been able to waltz in and win everything. It's probably something like a 60/40 matchup when UB is running Ratchet Bombs and Grave Titans.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1