Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

does memoricide target?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Actionjake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: does memoricide target? Reply with quote

well that's the question does memoricide target?

in my opinion since it doesn't say target anywhere on the card i would say no. If you want to stop it from happening you would have to counter it. If the spell resolves and the named card doesn't meet the spells ability (ie.. The named card is on the field) they still get to look at your hand, graveyard and library for the named card.

just looking for clarification if i am wrong i learned something if i am right i am just verifying my understanding of the rules.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it in fact says Target Player on the card...I would say you are wrong...You can name a card that is on the battlefield already, there is no restriction against that...
stovepiper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Card Name: Memoricide
Card Text:
Name a nonland card. Search target player's graveyard, hand, and library for any number of cards with that name and exile them. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

@darkwizard42
I think what Actionjack is asking is whether the cards themselves are targetted, and he has grapsed that correctly. But the interaction is question won't happen because cards that are on the battlefield are not affected.
For example, Memoricide resolves naming Devout Lightcaster, while one is one the battlefield.
The protection from black will have no effect a) because it doesn't affect cards on the battlefield and b) because the protection from black isn't active on the card and c) it isn't targetted anyway.
BUT
A card like the white Leyline of Sanctity will protect you, the target player, from being targetted.
Actionjake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you stove for your post i didnt see target player in the text i was only concerned with the named card. scenerio i have 2 baneslayers on the field and those are the only ones in my deck if he names baneslayer and i have no more in the deck he can still look through my hand deck and gy so yes i see the white leyline protects me thank you for mentioning that
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would it matter if those are the onyl ones in your deck how is he supposed to know that without looking through your deck
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1