Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elves! vs Valakut SB?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
danHMK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fenixmatt wrote:
Actually it still does suck... you want to be sacrificing 2 creatures a turn?

No, I just put one. O_O
Unless I kill with two in play I wouldn't put them.
Tao

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memoricide is one of the best things you can be casting in standard right now. You're adding one basic land to your sideboard, and you're worried?
danHMK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
Memoricide is one of the best things you can be casting in standard right now. You're adding one basic land to your sideboard, and you're worried?

What I might remove is what worries me.
fenixmatt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few things...

1) You still don't want Monument in your hand early and you risk that if you play 3.

2) The problem is with Memoricide is that you can't name Valakut. Does getting rid of their titans help, yes, but not enough to gut your deck to do it. They can win without them. Also having 5 mana sources to be able to cast Memoricide frankly just isn't enough. He is trying to overwhelm his opponent, he needs to cast Memoricide early or not at all. If they cast one Titan, which they can do fairly early, then Memoricide is a wasted card. Do the math. What is the probabilty that he draws a Memoricide AND a swamp or one of four Verdant Catacombs by turn 4(which is when it has to be cast by). You go through a lot of cards in this deck, but not that many and not that quick. you need the right combination 2 of 9 cards in your deck by turn 4(maximum of 12 cards you have gone through by that point anything more than that is unrealistic). Statisticly he has a better chance of staying alive by throwing 4 Leyline of Sanctity in the sideboard so he can't be targeted by Valakut and playing the ground game vs them than pulling off this Memoricide plan that will water down his deck to do it. The Leylines would water down his deck to and is a really bad idea, but he's got a better shot than with Memoricide.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 sylvan rangers
4 verdant catacombs
1 swamp

plenty of sources for 1 card and sure they can win without titan, its just a lot harder for them, they have no way to find their valakuts, and u can fly over avenger with monuments
fenixmatt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is not can you get to the black mana AND the Memoricide, it's can you do it by turn 4. Again you statistically have a better chance with Leyline of Sanctity than you do with the Memoricide plan.

Theoretically you could do fly over with monuments, but they have just as good of a chance to getting to their valakuts than you do to get to monument.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elves sucks anyway im just trying to help the guy beat valakut and ive played elves and the best way is memoricide
Tao

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danHMK wrote:
jonproject wrote:

What I might remove is what worries me.

Primal Titan & big jace are usually what you hit, otherwise just name the cards that are gonna beat you
ozmosis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a mono deck like elves I would give tumble magnet a try. Its only three mana and you can use it to shut down mana producers or most important primeval titan for a few turns so you can swing for the win.
JustKenny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not the white Leyline.......if it is in your hand great if not do the wave....its a little janky but it works, sometimes...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2