Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guess who's qualified for PT Paris!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm counting on posting again after the PT.
beule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuga i want to be a champ like you what should i do
Ansore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Grande TUGA!!! ve se mm que es do Norte :p

Now, in Paris, I want you to win!!!

Congrats
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ansore: thanks. Vou partir tudo! Ainda por cima Paris foi onde fiquei em 33 no GP.
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spudfuss2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont you tell us your name and where you qualified at so we can see that 10 player ptq u won.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spudfuss2: ahahah I have no problems with anyone here knowing my name. Actually several do know my name already because I have said who I am in the past and that's also how they found out that I went 2-3 in Brussels. But I guess you're too stupid to understand that. I'm Guilherme Alexandrino and I won in Coimbra.
jfc
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

LOL, flippi i thought you were a champion.
Trinquin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teach me?

But seriously, good luck!
warp_gaming

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just don't tard out and 'disconnect' in the middle of one of your matches, or start flaming your opponent via sliding slips of paper across the table. we'd hate to see you go 0-2 drop at a PT because of an "unfair judge call"
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TugaChampion wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
A 15 year old kid Q'd for paris last week.

He didn't know phases.

Congrats.

I don't care about your 20 players ptqs. Pros have been saying this sealed and draft format are skill intessive and I agree with that so it says much more about a player who wins one of these ptqs than someone who won a t2 ptq with jund or mythic.

Pros also say that proxy tournaments are what is holding Vintage back from becoming a real format. SOM Sealed is more intensive then T2, are you serious? So we are supposed to pretend like if someone opens Karn + 3x Shatter + Steel Hellkite + Argent Sphinx + Chrome Mox + 2x Lumengrid Drakes + more good stuff and wins a sealed event that is more skill intensive than correctly building a T2 deck and piloting it through a tournament where everyone starts out on a level playing field? Yeah that was my experience at the Release I got to play that guy first round. He is one of the worst players in the area and still went undefeated. Now imagine if a good player got that deck. So go to Paris and open a crappy sealed pool and let me know how that works out for you.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NahHolmes wrote:
TugaChampion wrote:
P_P4E wrote:
A 15 year old kid Q'd for paris last week.

He didn't know phases.

Congrats.

I don't care about your 20 players ptqs. Pros have been saying this sealed and draft format are skill intessive and I agree with that so it says much more about a player who wins one of these ptqs than someone who won a t2 ptq with jund or mythic.

Pros also say that proxy tournaments are what is holding Vintage back from becoming a real format. SOM Sealed is more intensive then T2, are you serious? So we are supposed to pretend like if someone opens Karn + 3x Shatter + Steel Hellkite + Argent Sphinx + Chrome Mox + 2x Lumengrid Drakes + more good stuff and wins a sealed event that is more skill intensive than correctly building a T2 deck and piloting it through a tournament where everyone starts out on a level playing field? Yeah that was my experience at the Release I got to play that guy first round. He is one of the worst players in the area and still went undefeated. Now imagine if a good player got that deck. So go to Paris and open a crappy sealed pool and let me know how that works out for you.

LOOOL I can't stop laughing at all the crap you're saying.

First: I doubt anyone can open a karn and a chrome mox in SOM sealed because those are not from SOM!

2nd: I really don't know what you mean by Karn but Chrome Mox is obv Mox Opal. How is Mox Opal broken? There aren't many limited decks I would actually put Mox Opal into. It really needs several artifacts to be effective and most of them need to be cheap. And if most of your cards are cheap it won't be doing much by accelerating you one turn because you probably already played most of your hand if you get it active early.

3rd: Sure, 3x Shatter + Steel Hellkite + Argent Sphinx (and whatever rare/mythic you mean by Karn) are good but complainning about 2x Lumengrid Drakes? That's just hilarious. The card is usually a 2/2 flier for 4. Sometimes it bounces something. That's hardly broken. Most decks that are running blue will play it because it's a 2/2 flier but unless they have 16-18 artifacts, it won't be bouncing anything by turn4. There's a reason most artifact metalcraft cards are better than non artifact ones.

4th: It's a pre release. The guy may be terrible but at the pre release no one knows what they're doing. I know I built my sealed in the pre bad because I didn't really have an idea of the format and how good/bad some cards were. And I'm 100% sure you made some mistakes too building your deck in the pre. But in a ptq the overall skill level is higher and the knowledge of the format specially by the good players is much higher. Sure, someone bad with an insane pool might top8, but he also might screw up and lose games he wouldn't have. And even if he top8s, he probably craps out in the draft.

5th: I haven't played a limited format that was less skill intensive than any recent t2, specially since Lorwyn rotated out. Anyone can pick up a Jund, Mythic, Valakut Ramp or Eldrazi Ramp and just blindly play turn after turn. Sure, a few games (specially with Mythic) you'll have to use your brain but many games are just won by the sheer power of the deck. And you can face one of those really bad players and get blown by turn 3 blightning and turn 4 bbe into blightning (while you have no creatures in play but he obviously doesn't flip removal).

6th: With all my sealed and draft pratice I knew exactly what to expect. My pool wasn't bad but it wasn't anything like the best ones I had openned in mtgo nor the best ones in the ptq. I just dodged the best ones in the beginning, played well and got lucky when I needed.

7th: In PTs you don't play sealed. You play a constructed format (in this case T2) and draft. So I doubt I'll open any terrible sealed in the PT.
DeadCities

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TugaChampion wrote:
spudfuss2: ahahah I have no problems with anyone here knowing my name. Actually several do know my name already because I have said who I am in the past and that's also how they found out that I went 2-3 in Brussels. But I guess you're too stupid to understand that. I'm Guilherme Alexandrino and I won in Coimbra.

gl in paris

so you are actually this guy ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UMdfhBgxOQ
jfc
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

yea, deleting comments its nice lol
sh0rty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3