Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karn, Silver Golem and Jitte

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
BlahIsAlive

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Karn, Silver Golem and Jitte Reply with quote

Suposing my Opp have an Umezawa's Jitte, with 1 counter, equiped on a creature hi/she controls and I have a Karn, Silver Golem.

My Opp attacks and remove the counter from Jitte to give +2/+2 to his/her creature. As responce i use Karn's ability and turn the Jitte into a creature. Ensouled Scimitar says: "Equipment that's a creature can't equip a creature." so Jitte desattach. When the trigger for +2/+2 is going to resolve the creature is no longer equiped, does it still gets +2/+2?

Thank you.
TacoMaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choosing the "Equipped creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn" mode does nothing if the Jitte isn't equipped to a creature when the ability resolves since there is no equipped creature.
R0B

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TacoMaster wrote:
Choosing the "Equipped creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn" mode does nothing if the Jitte isn't equipped to a creature when the ability resolves since there is no equipped creature.

Correct. The creature doesn't get the +2/+2. Although, in response to the use of the scimitar, your opponent could remove more counters to do other things.
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the example given though the Jitte only had one counter. Also, I don't think he was referring to ensouled scimitar, just the rules text on it. He was referencing Karn's ability to turn artifacts into creatures.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1