Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T2 MBC?!?!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
mandanglelow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: T2 MBC?!?! Reply with quote

// Lands
18 [UG] Swamp
3 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
4 [ZEN] Marsh Flats

// Creatures
4 [ZEN] Vampire Nighthawk
4 [M11] Nantuko Shade
2 [M11] Grave Titan

// Spells
2 [ZEN] Mind Sludge
1 [M11] Liliana Vess
2 [ROE] Consuming Vapors
2 [WWK] Smother
4 [M11] Doom Blade
1 [SOM] Chimeric Mass
2 [SOM] Mimic Vat
4 [M11] Duress
4 [M11] Sign in Blood
3 [US] Corrupt

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ROE] Consuming Vapors
SB: 3 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb
SB: 2 [SOM] Memoricide
SB: 1 [FNM] Smother
SB: 3 [ZEN] Vampire Hexmage
SB: 3 [ZEN] Gatekeeper of Malakir
SB: 2 [ROE] Consume the Meek

So far having a great time with this build. Not having major problems with aggro and i havn't played against much control. i'm thinking about upping Mind Sludge to 3 because every game i play it, I seem to win. this is the optimum build i could make with no card filter. if anyone has suggestions, please make them. the Sb is kind of all over at the moment and seems to change after every match i play. Gatekeepers are mostly a replacement for doom blades when i'm facing the mirror. Ratch bombs have 75% of the time come in against Mimic Vats. Hexmages for any PWs i see. and consume the meek for those fast beastmasters decks...
The only major problem i've run into thus far is Frsot Titan, but adding a consuming vapors from the SB for games 2 and 3 seem to have been doing the job. I was also thinking of splashing another color but can't seem to find one i like. Jace would be nice some where along with CTPs. altho white would seem to be the strongest supporter of what i'm trying to complete with my game plan. Thanks for you in put!!!
mandanglelow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i've come to the conclusion that i really don't like everflowing chalice in the deck. i would much rather have the two mana open for a kill spell than try to ramp to a sludge or titan one turn faster. and when i top deck it with 8 mana on the board it just sucks while its sitting in my hand. here's my current updated list...

// Lands
17 [UG] Swamp
3 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
4 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
1 [WWK] Dread Statuary

// Creatures
4 [ZEN] Vampire Nighthawk
2 [M11] Grave Titan
2 [SOM] Wurmcoil Engine

// Spells
2 [ZEN] Mind Sludge
1 [M11] Liliana Vess
2 [ROE] Consuming Vapors
4 [M11] Doom Blade
4 [M11] Duress
4 [M11] Sign in Blood
2 [M11] Haunting Echoes
3 [US] Corrupt
2 [SOM] Mimic Vat
2 [FNM] Smother
1 [M11] Elixir of Immortality

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ROE] Consuming Vapors
SB: 2 [SOM] Memoricide
SB: 3 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb
SB: 1 [FNM] Smother
SB: 3 [ZEN] Vampire Hexmage
SB: 3 [ZEN] Gatekeeper of Malakir
SB: 2 [ROE] Consume the Meek

I'm thinking about moving the Memoricides to the MD and just keeping the Vapors for the SB, but the meta right now just seems pack full of these superfast aggro decks... and i think haunting echos became my new favorite win condition... : )
mandanglelow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm sitting at the bar right now but a few threats I can think of are...
Kiln Fiend
Fauna Shaman
K. Warlord
Any 1cc mana dork

Like I said... All I've seen on MWS is speedy aggro... 80% of the games I play, my opponent has 4 creatures on turn three... Or has a threat that must be taken care of before I get to far behind...

its more personal preference but my win/loss ratio is higher without the chalices...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1