Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UGslaver

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
mandanglelow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: UGslaver Reply with quote

// Lands
11 [SOM] Island (4)
7 [UG] Forest
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest

// Creatures
4 [SOM] Silver Myr
4 [SOM] Copper Myr

// Spells
3 [M11] Garruk Wildspeaker
2 [M11] Negate
2 [SOM] Stoic Rebuttal
4 [SOM] Mindslaver
2 [M11] Jace Beleren
2 [ZEN] Harrow
4 [SOM] Prototype Portal
3 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4 [M11] Cultivate
4 [M11] Mana Leak

I absolutly love mindslaver and would love to see this work in the format. I'm having problems getting the portal and slaver into my hand. i'm not sure if it's the MWS shuffler but i am also drawing excessive amounts of land even after i cultivate and/or harrow. getting the 10 mana for the combo is easy, but staying alive until i can get the pieces into my hand is difficult. 100% of this came off the top of my head because my card filter in MWS isn't working @ the moment, so if anyone can also help me with that, it would be very appricated. i didn't build a SB yet because i havn't tested the deck to it's limits and i'm not sure what it could use yet. any suggestions will be taken into consideratn. Thanks!
WackaFlocka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Ur Deck Reply with quote

i think for creatures u should play the Oracle that lets u play extra lands and Primeval Titan so u can hit that 10 mana faster to get the combo also i think in ur mana base u should play halimar depth so u can stack ur deck for mana ramp
aqualad33
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of slaverlocking your opponent like this but I don't think this is the right framework for it (IE, mana ramp) Right now we are in a format defined by fast creature based decks and with the lighter removal, these decks aren't hindered nearly as much as in the previous format. A combo deck right now needs to be able to A) quickly and consistently pull off the combo (you got the speed just not the consistency) or B) control/stall the game untill the inevitable (hard to do given the current state of the meta).

I think rout B would be best for this deck because you can go for a blue deck that plays a lot of artifacts and uses the 5 mana tinker guy (I don't have mws open right now), jace, the blue lord (who can help with the mana), mana leak and counters, and great draw spells.

remember when testing this deck out keep in mind that you will have to have a plan for primeval titan, he is the boogyman of this format. Also keep in mind decks like big read, rdw and white weenie quest. Make sure you have a plan for each of these decks. Hope I gave you some ideas, good luck with it.
boeda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with the UG approach using explore, cultivate and everfl chalice as build up (maybe even growth spasm).
Then hit the board with Primeval Titans, wurmcoil and all is dust to stall for the combo.

You'll need to draw cards to get the combo, jaces, preordain, and ingenuity fit the purpose.

Some other options are overgrown battlement or trinket mage+toolbox. Offcourse mana leak and some other counters
help out against control, depends on the meta what you do with those last spots in your deck.

gl testing!
Mizukage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grand architect
trinket mage
everflowing chalice
voltain key

youre welcome
mandanglelow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

// Lands
9 [SOM] Island (4)
6 [UG] Forest
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
3 [WWK] Halimar Depths

// Creatures
3 [ZEN] Oracle of Mul Daya
3 [M11] Primeval Titan

// Spells
2 [M11] Garruk Wildspeaker
3 [SOM] Stoic Rebuttal
4 [SOM] Mindslaver
1 [M11] Jace Beleren
4 [SOM] Prototype Portal
3 [WWK] Jace, the Mind Sculptor
3 [M11] Cultivate
4 [M11] Mana Leak
2 [M11] Jace's Ingenuity
3 [M11] Preordain
3 [WWK] Explore

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb
SB: 2 [SOM] Mimic Vat
SB: 3 [M11] Sleep

Updated list. Still having a problem with aggro but the bombs and sleep out of the side really give me some time to get the pieces. getting to 10 mana is very easy now but i have yet to test the everflowing route. i just feel like that will slow everything down with the titans and all.

@Mizukage - how do any of those cards help me? and thanks?

@boeda - the wurmcoil out of the SB is really sweet and if i can some how get him on a portal it's GG. and i havn't tested AID yet but i can't wait to try it. and what targets could i use for a trinket mage toolbox?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1