Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midrange bant

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ha897

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why people live in the past and want to use bant. multi-colored cards are gone. the only multi-colored cards left are planeswalkers, so honestly, unless you make a 3 color planeswalker deck, then 3 color is bad.
I would just start from scratch
Taodd
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try some fauna shamans. They go great with vengevine and all your ways of recurring it.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha897 wrote:
I don't understand why people live in the past and want to use bant. multi-colored cards are gone. the only multi-colored cards left are planeswalkers, so honestly, unless you make a 3 color planeswalker deck, then 3 color is bad.
I would just start from scratch

This is actually really not true at all.

If you know anything about mana bases, you can EASILY support 3 colors with the lands today. In fact, it's often dumb NOT TO.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SugarShark wrote:
man those are tiny creatures

I could see u/w being a real problem with you being unable to break 1 wall of omens

they'll would have extra answers for monument in revoke existence in SB primarily for masticores itll do monument to

lots of vengevine, fauna shaman and masticores would make for a great core for any deck with green

Also awkward. Wall of omens? He has fliers/Vengevine/Garruk/Monument.

Yeah that statement made little to no sense.

I think you might still lose to ramp, as you aren't cohesively fast like white affinity or mono red. You're just smashing three colors worth of aggro cards (and sea gate oracle for some reason) together and making a deck. I also see no reason not to play fauna shaman. You can cut a lot of stuff from the current list to support it, and it'll improve your UW matchup by a bunch, not that I think it's the problem.

I'd go -2 seagate oracle, -2 nest invader +4 fauna shaman.

4 preordain is probably 4 more than you want. What are you digging for? You run 24 lands and 4 birds. You have plenty of finishers. Cut those for vengevines and maybe something like 1 baneslayer.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starscream80 wrote:
Creatures
2 Memnites
4 Birds of Paradise
4 Squadron Hawk
4 Nest Invaders
4 Fauna shaman
2 Trinket Mage
4 Vengevines

Planeswalkers
4 Garruk

Artifacts
3 Eldrazi Monument
1 Brittle Effigy

Spells
4 Preordain

Ok so here's the decklist after the changes. I'm still not sure what to do with the preordains. I kind of like having them as my hand empties way too quickly. They also give me something to sb out.

Ajani Goldmane plus Shared Discovery might be hot. You don't lose tempo and you refill your hand.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starscream80 wrote:
Would something like jace's ingenuity work? I feel like getting ajani and shared discovery to work together consistently would be somewhat unlikely.

but then you're tapping 5 mana. Keeping the curve at 5 ONLY for monument is the way to go IMO.

I mean, you could also shared descovery by tapping a bird/memnite/eldrazi spawn or some such combination. Seems like it would be unlikely you have 3 guys out that could profitably swing into any opposing creature, so playing something to dig for your overrun effects seems like a necessary evil. You really can ONLY win with an overrun effect, which I think can't really be amended very easily.

Preordain is a 1 for 1 trade with upside. Shard discovery is a 3 for 1 with downside.

Your new deck looks strange though as well... You're literally splashing for squadron hawk.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

play jace
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

day of judgement isnt that good in the format right now
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1