Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Casual Trinket Deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
R0B

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: My Casual Trinket Deck Reply with quote

4x Trinket Mage
4x Wall of Denial

4x Chimeric Mass
2x Chimeric Staff
4x Path to Exile
4x Elixir of Immortality
1x Chalice of the Void
1x Meekstone
1x Relic of Progenitus
4x Sensei's Divining Top
4x Wrath of God
4x Day of Judgement

3x Adarkar Wastes
4x Hallowed Fountain
4x Celestial Colonade
4x Glimmerpost
4x Cloudpost
4x Vesuva

This deck is not finished quite yet, and I am open to suggestions. I'm also too lazy to figure out if this deck is legal in any formats, so if you happen to know, please tell.

The idea of this deck is to produce tons of mana with Cloudpost, and use it to get out a HUGE chimeric mass or two, and also use the mana to make a big creature out of Chimeric Staff. Chalice of the Void is set up with two counters to counter tons of small threats. The Trinket Mage can search out the Sensei's Divining Top, Chalice of the Void, Elixir of Immortality (brings back all your cool stuff from the graveyard), or Meekstone (which lets you not fear big creatures). Wall of Denial is just a huge blocker with shroud. Chimeric Mass and Chimeric Staff are not affected by Wrath of God, so after you wrath, you can swing away for HUGE damage. This deck in short... says no to your opponent's shenanigans.

Last edited by R0B on Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
arcannys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is not a bad idea for a casual deck.
I'd suggest you some changes tho.
First of all cut off some wrath effects. 8 wrath efects are too much.
I'd inculde 4 sensei divining top instead of 1 since a turn one top will 70% of the times take the game to your favour. And most of the times, u'll want to search for chimeric mass or other artficats with ur trinkets other than top.

Sensei divining top is one of the best cards in magic, it allows you to find the resources you need at any time and combined with "shuffle ur library engines" such as fetchlands turnes out to be even better than a simple tutor.
If u're playing divining top you'll want it in your opening hand so thats why i'd suggest u to play 4 rtaher than 1.

so my suggestion is basically:
-2 day of judgement
-1 wrath of god
+3 sensei divning top

Hope i helped

Arcannys~
R0B

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.

1) I don't want to get rid of the wrath effects, as they are a huge thing in this deck. However, there is still room for cards, so I might add those three extra tops.

2) This deck is for 1v1 matches mostly, although with all the wrath effects (^^^) it can be played multiplayer as well. I probably wouldn't need most of those things, but I will add that relic. It seems like a good idea.
R0B

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boneclub24 wrote:
R0B wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

1) I don't want to get rid of the wrath effects, as they are a huge thing in this deck. However, there is still room for cards, so I might add those three extra tops.

2) This deck is for 1v1 matches mostly, although with all the wrath effects (^^^) it can be played multiplayer as well. I probably wouldn't need most of those things, but I will add that relic. It seems like a good idea.

Because you're looking to re-use your toolboxes, I think you should use Tormod's Crypt instead of Relic.

Also, Tezzeret could work in here as well.

Good points. I'll check it out.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1