Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

poison control

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
BigShowDT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: poison control Reply with quote

ok here is my deck list, I have played alot of the mini's with this list and i do alright game one, but generally get shut down after side boards. its changed alot just from its origional form but I am just at a loss for what it needs or even if it can be made any better/playable. I would love any and all suggestions you may have. thanks

Qty ED Name Cost Type Rarity Color
// Lands
4 SOM Darkslick Shores Land (M) R Lnd
12 SOM Island Basic Land - Island C Lnd
9 SOM Swamp Basic Land - Swamp C Lnd
//\\
// Creatures
2 SOM Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon 3BB Legendary Creature - Dragon Skeleton (P) R B
4 SOM Ichor Rats 1BB Creature - Rat (P) U B
//\\
// Spells
4 M11 Doom Blade 1B Instant C B
3 WWK Jace, the Mind Sculptor 2UU Planeswalker - Jace M U
2 SOM Mimic Vat 3 Artifact (M) R Art
3 SOM Steady Progress 2U Instant (P) C U
4 WWK Everflowing Chalice 0 Artifact U Art
3 SOM Contagion Engine 6 Artifact (P) R Art
3 ZEN Into the Roil 1U Instant C U
4 M11 Duress B Sorcery C B
3 ROE Consume the Meek 3BB Instant R B
//\\
// Sideboard
4 M11 Mana Leak 1U Instant C U
4 SOM Stoic Rebuttal 1UU Instant (M) C U
3 SOM Ratchet Bomb 2 Artifact (M) R Art
4 ROE Inquisition of Kozilek B Sorcery U B

edit: fixed the numbers on the sideboard
toguppy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

need more white + venser
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venser would be nuts in your deck, but can you stretch the mana?
R0B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, it's an good idea. I can see this doing pretty well against some decks out there. However, I can also see this deck getting stomped by aggro infect decks.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is maindeck doomblade a good idea?
Trinquin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeMuppet wrote:
Is maindeck doomblade a good idea?

In the current meta where Primeval Titans and Baneslayers run rampant, it doesn't hurt I would guess.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there isn't a whole lot of reliable removal other than brittle effigy...
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Gatekeeper of Malakir (even though he really only fits with a mono black deck due to his BBB cost) but through playtesting I've noticed he's mostly moot against UG tokens and Eldrazi/Valakut, leading me to believe this may be better off as a sb card.

Also, on the topic of mono black, Feast In Blood and Urge to Feed are both really good cards, the former requiring you to have 2 vamps on the field (which isn't that hard actually) and the latter being only effective at 3 toughness creatures and combat tricks.

It looks like counter and burn are the best ways to control right now, but I guess none of that does you a whole lotta good with the whole poison mojo.

Are we at the point now where we can finally conclude that poison isn't gonna be viable until the next set comes out?
Pins4Sins

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, Please don't call it "Poison Control" I mean I love poison it kills you know? Call it Poisonous Control. Wink
toguppy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.... trolls where are you???

Quote:
I'd be concerned about rats being the only creature that is going to be getting Venser'd.

venser is a permanent. this means that he can venser contagion engine... giving him board control... + 4x counters in the one turn....

read cards? perhaps as a control variant u could perhaps think of using other things with usefull cip abililities such as titans?? venser + grave titan is good vs agro or frost tian vs control is nuts too i hear.
BigShowDT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems like i have played nothing but agro decks, thats why the counters are in the side board... as for vensor... am i really going to a white for one card? what other white would i play with him? skitty is indeed amazing, i think only one game did i lose where he hit the board and that was the the ww affinity deck they had their armor come online the turn after he came into play. brittle effigy i believe is a must at least in the board. i do need more card draw but the proliferate from the steady progress has won me games. I almost hate to say it but jace has won more games for me with the proliferate than poison. 12 counter ability 3 turns after jace hits the table just wins games..
toguppy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see an issue with to add white to a mana base with alot of options like this one.
BigShowDT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every color you add makes the mana base more unstable, and vensor doesnt help this deck enough to warrant such an unstable manabase. especially if thats the only white card you are putting.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2