Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jhoira of the Ghitu [Foil Price] Question



 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Author Message
R0B



Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Jhoira of the Ghitu [Foil Price] Question Reply with quote

Hey, I was looking through my magic cards the other day and pulled out a foil Jhoira of the Ghitu. When I looked up the price, I noticed that the non-foil was about $2 but the foil sold for anywhere from $40 to $50!!! What's up with that? Anyone know?
Back to top
HotSoup



Joined: 06 Nov 2009
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jhoira is a very popular EDH general. People who play EDH like foils.
Back to top
ykpon
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although other popular generals like Sharuum, Erayo and even Vendilion Clique which is also good in ext and legacy are a way cheaper.
Back to top
dv8r



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 239

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ykpon is clearly a very spike-y edh player

jhoira lets you do very broken things with eldrazi, so is a very popular edh general for that reason
Back to top
ykpon
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dv8r wrote:
ykpon is clearly a very spike-y edh player

Well, my only EDH general is Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed. And i use Drain Life over Exsanguinate just because i have a korean one. So i guess you are wrong :>
Back to top
pascal3000
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ykpon wrote:
Although other popular generals like Sharuum, Erayo and even Vendilion Clique which is also good in ext and legacy are a way cheaper.


Im seeing Jhoira foils from 5 euro upwards online and Vendilion Clique starts at 25 (asia from 50 upwards)...

Semi-Offtopic, we need more EDH trials Wink
Back to top
ik
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 335

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I got raped on my foil VClique :[... *sigh* Oh well
Back to top
HotSoup



Joined: 06 Nov 2009
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pascal3000 wrote:
ykpon wrote:
Although other popular generals like Sharuum, Erayo and even Vendilion Clique which is also good in ext and legacy are a way cheaper.


Im seeing Jhoira foils from 5 euro upwards online and Vendilion Clique starts at 25 (asia from 50 upwards)...

Semi-Offtopic, we need more EDH trials Wink


Defeats the purpose! EDH is supposed to be about your flashy, sexy collection and fun, casual games with friends. ML Cutthroat tournament EDH just doesn't appeal to me.
Back to top
R0B



Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Posts: 70

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotSoup wrote:
pascal3000 wrote:
ykpon wrote:
Although other popular generals like Sharuum, Erayo and even Vendilion Clique which is also good in ext and legacy are a way cheaper.


Im seeing Jhoira foils from 5 euro upwards online and Vendilion Clique starts at 25 (asia from 50 upwards)...

Semi-Offtopic, we need more EDH trials Wink


Defeats the purpose! EDH is supposed to be about your flashy, sexy collection and fun, casual games with friends. ML Cutthroat tournament EDH just doesn't appeal to me.


^^ True. I hope to one day have a completely foiled out Jhoria deck as well as a completely foiled out Kresh deck. Both casual and very fun. The bad thing, however, is that the Jhoria deck alone is probably going to cost like $1000.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy