Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone help me with a experimental black deck I have?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
New_wave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Can someone help me with a experimental black deck I have? Reply with quote

Alright, I have this deck I call "mini black control". I am trying to get it to work like mono black control, only with cards with small casting cost and the deck runs around the card Dark Tutelage. I tried running this deck in minis but I can't beat round 1 with it. Anyway, much advice is needed, and I would like to keep Dark Tutelage in the deck, so please any advice other then take Dark Tutelage out would help. I know dark tutelage is a poor excuse for phryrexian arena, but I still want to try to make a deck that works with it. So here is the deck I have at presant.

Deck:

20 swamp
4 gatekeeper of Malakir
4 Vampire Hexmage
4 Doom blade
4 Duress
4 Grasp of Darkness
4 Sign of blood
4 Dark Tutelage
4 Suffer the Past
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Smother

sideboard:

4 Ratchet Bomb
3 Urge to Feed
4 Marsh Casualties
4 Disfigure

----

Anyway, I use to have Natuko Shade in the deck, but found he gets killed too early. So I just got rid of him. THe deck is mostly creature controll, but I found that I still get poor draws with it to kill creatures. I put Vampire Hexmage in it for plainswalker kills and beats, and Duress and Inquisition in it for early card kill control. I also have gatekeeper in it for beats too. Suffer the past is in there to get your life back from life loss from draws, and is also there for graveyard control to remove creatures like vegevine and pheonix, or remove other creatures from your opponents graveyard if the opponent has a masticore in play. Anyway, I tried this deck like a million times, and just can't get a decent mulligan and draw with it, if anyone has any ideas on how to improve this deck, please tell me, I want to make a really decent dark tutelage deck.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can literally never kill your opponent the way it is now. You only have 8 2 power creatures with suffer the past.

If you must have dark tutelidge, try crystal ball/phylactery lych or some such combination.
New_wave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that seems like a interesting combo, but I wanted a deck with cards with less mana cost, and I don't think 4 crystal balls would be enough artifacts to cast lych
spudfuss2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that suffer the past could be moved to sideboard. consuming vapors would be a good choice, as it has 4cmc and will hurt your almost guaranteed to get the life back. And you will need life gain. In this deck death's shadow seems like a decent kill con, since you will be low on life.
bilo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u should definitely play nantuko shade, because it matches to tutelage and u have too little win options. that X mana artifact, that turns into a creature would be perfect too.

suffer the past is no main deck option at all. and u play 12 removal spells main, which is too much either imo. id play 8 maximum
dv8r

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not hard to justify lich:

crystal ball
everflowing challice
ratchet bomb
effigy

I know this seems a little risky, but consider corrupt. All your lands are swamps, so you are guarenteed to get the life back immediately. And it gives you pretty solid reach along with suffer the past
dv8r

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snack: you are are joking/trolling right...?
New_wave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: thanks for the help, but I think this deck is lost Reply with quote

this deck seems lost, mabby I will make a deck with lich, but I am not sure, that does seem iike a alright idea. But I pretty much think I am giving up on the mono black deck, and play more ext, I feel more comfortable with ext.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2