Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BU poison deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
legno

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: BU poison deck Reply with quote

This is my deck-idea for the new T2 meta.. work good against RG ramp and any other ramp.. well too against fauna-vengevine, now I don't know the actual meta so call for help for some tweaks expecially on sb..

// Lands
4 [WWK] Creeping Tar Pit
4 [SOM] Darkslick Shores
5 [ZEN] Island (3a)
6 [ZEN] Swamp (2a)
3 [M11] Drowned Catacomb

// Creatures
3 [SOM] Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon
4 [SOM] Ichor Rats
4 [SOM] Plague Stinger
4 [SOM] Ichorclaw Myr
4 [SOM] Thrummingbird

// Spells
4 [ROE] Distortion Strike
3 [ROE] Virulent Swipe
4 [M11] Doom Blade
4 [SOM] Livewire Lash
4 [SOM] Tainted Strike

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ROE] Virulent Swipe
SB: 4 [SOM] Steady Progress
SB: 3 [M11] Sleep
SB: 3 [ROE] Consuming Vapors
SB: 4 [M11] Negate

Noticed a little handicap against mass removal or deck like GUR titan..
Me_and_I

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as much as i respect your idea for blue,why not play green?when you have so many options to pick from like vines of vastwood, giant growth and groundswel,even birds and garruk's(which i like a lot in my build)

and if you are set in blue even though i dont think you should be as distortion strike isnt that great neither is the bird, why is steady progress in your side?when would you see fit to side it in?just my input
legno

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that green is a little more slow than blue.. Agree with u on steady progress and on the bird so these are some changes:
// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [WWK] Creeping Tar Pit
3 [SOM] Darkslick Shores
5 [ZEN] Island (3a)
6 [ZEN] Swamp (2a)
3 [M11] Drowned Catacomb

// Creatures
4 [SOM] Plague Stinger
4 [SOM] Ichorclaw Myr
2 [SOM] Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon
4 [SOM] Vector Asp
3 [SOM] Ichor Rats

// Spells
4 [ROE] Distortion Strike
3 [M11] Doom Blade
4 [SOM] Livewire Lash
4 [SOM] Tainted Strike
3 [ROE] Vendetta
4 [ZEN] Spell Pierce

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M11] Doom Blade
SB: 1 [ROE] Vendetta
SB: 3 [ROE] Virulent Swipe
SB: 3 [M11] Sleep
SB: 4 [M11] Negate

on the other side my BG list should be:

// Lands
6 [ZEN] Swamp (2a)
2 [ZEN] Forest (4a)
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
4 [ZEN] Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
3 [ZEN] Turntimber Grove
2 [WWK] Bojuka Bog

// Creatures
4 [SOM] Plague Stinger
4 [SOM] Ichorclaw Myr
4 [SOM] Blight Mamba
2 [SOM] Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon
3 [SOM] Putrefax
4 [M11] Birds of Paradise

// Spells
3 [M11] Doom Blade
4 [SOM] Livewire Lash
3 [M11] Giant Growth
4 [ROE] Virulent Swipe
4 [ZEN] Vines of Vastwood

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M11] Doom Blade
SB: 4 [M11] Naturalize
SB: 3 [M11] Deathmark
SB: 4 [ROE] Vendetta

with this both on fourth I can reach 10 counter garruk is too slow imho and blue grant mee a bit more control of match
Dooby12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually seen a UG poison deck based on the same idea(using spells to target a Invect creature with a Livewire Lash equipped).

Frankly,it just doesn't seem that great,as most of your options can be dealt with quickly and the dek just isn't that great in type 2 right now. Block it can be great,but not right now in type 2.

Anyway,just throwing this out there,but doesn't vampire Hexmage become the perfect sideboard option now against Infect decks? Not sure if that would work,but just throwing it out there
spudfuss2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Anyway,just throwing this out there,but doesn't vampire Hexmage become the perfect sideboard option now against Infect decks? Not sure if that would work,but just throwing it out there"

To remove counters from a player? no it doesn't work because a player isn't a permanent.

Also I'm not sure that you've play tested the bg poison deck but it is actually a good deck, it has a really good match vs control as they basically start at 10 life instead of 20 making it harder for them to stabilize.
Dooby12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes as a matter of fact I have playtested the BG poison deck and it just hasn't produced many wins.as a matter of fact the UG deck I was talking about actually beat the BG version.

And no,it doesn't have a good match-up against control. Any good control deck will beat this deck consistantly. The starting at 10 life doesn't mean anything if you can't deal that damage to them.

Anything playing Black,Wjite or Blue(which from what I've seen all control decks are running some variation of those colors) will either kill it,bounce and counter it,or just outright counter it. and then there's RDW,which will just burn everything in sight,so I'm not really seeing anything this deck will have a good match-up against other than possibly mono-green or Valakut,and really I don't think it can beat Valkut.

As for Hexmage,like I said wasn't sure if it worked or not,but if it did,then would be a perfect SB option. I misworded what I was actually trying to say.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1