Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono Black Control post Oct. 1

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when will people stop trying to make mono black work every time a new set comes out, the only time mono black was good was when they printed torment, which was almost all black
omfgBEARS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because it existed didnt make it good
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engrishskill wrote:
There were actually some pretty good mono black control decks in mirrodin block too...mono black cloud comes to mind

i dont consider something in mirrodin block that had no chance agaisnt affinity to be good
Dooby12

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when Time Spiral was out MBC was pretty good then as well.

As far as this deck goes there'sa myriad of things wrong.

One,drop Lich and the artifacts. There just not that great. Ratchet omb could be good,and Crystal Ball is a definite. Other than that,there shouldn't be any others.

Two,Doom Blade and Grasp of Darkness ahould definitely be main deck. Also 4 Corrupts and 4 Sign in Bloods are a must for this deck.

Three. Personally I like Nantuko Shade and think he has to have a hom in a deck like this. Just throwing that out there.

Here is the list I've got built

24xSwamp

4xGatekeeper of Malakir
4xNantuko Shade

4xDoom Blade
4xCorrupt
4xSign in Blood
4xGrasp of Darkness
4xDuress
3xMind Sludge
2xHaunting Echoes
3xCrystal Ball

Sideboard

4xSmother
4xNirkana Cutthroat
4xVampire Hexmage
3xDeathmark
Jag4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont consider something in mirrodin block that had no chance agaisnt affinity to be good

Neither did I, although I did love the mono-black aether veil/rats deck post the bannings.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jag4 wrote:

Neither did I, although I did love the mono-black aether veil/rats deck post the bannings.

that deck had green Razz
Jag4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not at first lol!
CloudRisen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The irony is that the torment mono black deck wasnt Mono B, it had Red for FTK....(The control deck doesnt count cause it was awful and just worse then Braids aggro in every way)

Tempest-Saga t2 had plenty of mono B decks though.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SugarShark wrote:
gypsy wrote:

this is lol, by that logic mono black never existed because it had no chance against Tog even at its height

tog wasnt as dominant as affinity, and mono black could beat tog pretty consistently with all its discard and haunting echoes with mirari
TacoMaster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudRisen wrote:
The irony is that the torment mono black deck wasnt Mono B, it had Red for FTK....(The control deck doesnt count cause it was awful and just worse then Braids aggro in every way)

Tempest-Saga t2 had plenty of mono B decks though.

The control deck was fine for a brief while... In other news... My friend (who also happened to <3 the Bulls) played BR Braids that entire time... Every time a new set comes out he asks me, "Is BR good?" I tell him no, and then he decides not to come back to Magic. Razz

In other news, this deck is terrible. Not even gonna bother pointing out all of the horrid things in it.
muskogee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technically zombie biddings was a fairly decent deck in od/on/7th t2
not the best but was able to beat out plenty of decks. and you od/on mbc decks was based on luck against tog really and now with the new rule that took dmg stack away made alot of good decks not that good anymore.
Dooby12

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played MBC back in the days of Odyssey and Torment and have to say from experience that it was preatty good then. Time Spiral MBC wasn't as good but was still viable,even with faeries running around(I won almost 50% of my match-ups against faes back then,so just going by my experience there)

Anyways though,with Skithiryx,MBC is really good. Been testing a version on Workstation and at my local shop and its been really good.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2