Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tcgplayer 5k in new york and scg 5k in boston

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: tcgplayer 5k in new york and scg 5k in boston Reply with quote

im not fully sure, but im about 60/40 on going. im traveling from rhode island so its unsure if we are staying for both days or just going to one. if i do go, i plan on only playing standard, unless by some means i win enough money that i can play in sealed and we stay.

so now is my question that is obviously being asked, who here is going?

also on the ballot for my travels, though this time much much closer, scg 5k in boston, i plan on attending whether i can find entry or not, as long as gas doesnt cost too much.

also, who is planning on attending that from here also?
EatsMortals

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to the one in boston. So you better go.
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha seriously? where r u traveling from to go?
the more people to say they are going to the boston one, the easier itll make me decide to go. ill skip the new york one to play boston if enough are going to it.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have to scrounge for money to enter tournaments you should probably sell your cards or stop playing magic for a while
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy, its not so much as scrounging. i sell my cards as often as possible. everytime i enter things like fnm and such, i cash my cards in and such. its just im not going to pay like $50 to play in a $25 entry tournament. also, im by no means paying anything close to entry on gas unless its worth it. spending at minimum $100 to go to an event thats pretty local for one day is terrible in my opinion. also, i wont spend more than $150 or so to travel to an event. the one time i did, me and 1 other guy went to a new jersey ptq from here. it cost me much much more than i wanted it to. so for events with much travel time, i prefer going with as many people as possible to help gas costs. its absurd to pay more on gas then on the entry of the tournament in my mind. im sure u mean well and all, but i made this post to specifically see who is going to events i may attend. i may also miss new yorks 5k because the car may be full already.
EatsMortals

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in boston fool
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well why didnt i know this then fool? lol
EatsMortals

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz
JKilla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im definetely going to the boston one and i plan on playing both saturday and sunday, but i still dont have a t2 deck so ill probably just be playing trials for sunday. My name is James Kapsidis, if you are paired with me or see me hit me up.
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my name is timothy gagne, ill only be playing if i can gather a t2 deck for either one. otherwise ill probably just be at boston's watching and hanging with a friend who is a scg dealer.
EatsMortals

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name's Oliver Tiu. I'll probably be the only 12 year old kid there, so yeah...
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well yes, even if archmage goes, hes 13. but im 18, so yeah, if either of u go, dont find me and kiddiestalk me.
hopefully jkilla is old enough to not talk like a girl. Razz even tho i dont talk to him ever on here.
Steveman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When / where is SCG Boston? I live right behind Fenway Park, lol
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveman, im not sure on exact location myself, but im sure the starcitygames site has it listed, Razz
but my best guess would be somewhere in or around boston, lol. Razz
and yes, ur still dejudged steveman
hah, gottem. jk jk
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might go, depends on ride situation
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2