Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sealed Minis

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited

Do you think Sealed Minis are Needed?
Yes.
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't care.
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

MrBrett

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Sealed Minis Reply with quote

Hello. M-L needs sealed minis.
I know there's website issues so there's a need to find alternatives.
Here's some ideas:
- One pool sealed deck. All players in the mini recieve the same pool.
The TC generates the pool or asks another judge to generate it.
- Have a different judge than the TC to generate 8 different sealed pools and pass them to the players.
Any other ideas?
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBrett, how would you check security codes are right then?
In both cases the TC would have to receive the decks and manually scan no player added a card or deleted a card by accident. That takes a lot of work. If you want sealed, you can always ask for a casual game, they're trendy nowadays Smile
MrBrett

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Pool Sealed Deck (Limited/Other)

- TC generates a pool and gives it to the players.
- Since the pool is known, security codes need only to be checked if during a game a player notices something is wrong.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option C: Someone who knows a bit about programming programs a java application that works like netdraft.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for playing casual sealed games, you can always build a sealed deck at CCGdecks.com or just use good ole mws. As for playing it on M-L, until they work out the sql server problem with their host, there's nothing they can do about it.
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned some time ago, I was planning on developing a provisional sealed generator until we figured out a more permanent plan for the future of sealed.

At present, the biggest issue impeding this is the fact I'm still minus a laptop, and I probably won't have it working again until at least November.
CalebD
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this has been mentioned a bazillion times, but I'm not sure why we couldn't just use whatever the heck O-G was using. Those sealed events were fun.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1