Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a strange rifter..any advices?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
Hiazashi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: a strange rifter..any advices? Reply with quote

hi i'm new here...
i really like play strange decks (most of them are not competitive but i still play them XD)
so, here is my new rifter... what do you think?

Lands

4 Forgotten Cave
4 Secluded Steppe
11 Plain
8 mountain

Creatures

2 Exalted Angel
2 Eternal Dragon

Spells

1 wrath of God
2 Isochron scepter
3 Orim's chant
3 Lightning Helix
2 Decreeof Justice
2 Slice and dice
3 Lightning Rift
2 Humility
4 Swords to Plowshares
3 Renewed Faith
2 Pyroclasm

Planeswalker

2 Ajani Vengeant

Sideboard

1 Humility
2 Elixir of Immortality
3 Ethersworn canonist
2 Relic of progenitus
4 leyline of sanctity
3 pyroblast

i don't use non basic lands becouse everyone has the wasted lands and if i get my lands destroyed, especially in the beginning i'm automatically out.
the rest of the deck it's really easy...nothing special XD

thx for your suggestions bye

ps: on mws, it really goes quite good (but not with really competitive decks ) let's say with the normal ones Smile

ps2: sorry for my Bad english XD
ykpon
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely cut angels (it isn't that hot anymore and you are going to resolve humility in almost every game, arent you?), replace clasms with more s'n'dices and think about nessesity of helixes. Also I'd add a couple of tutors, a singletone Moat and 2-3 Elspeths. Both cards have awesome synergy with each other and with Humility. Besides Rift, Humility and Moat tutor can grab SDT, Blood Moon or Relic depending on your meta. Also your manabase requires 4 Arid Mesa and 1 Plateau for a dragon.
Hiazashi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like the idea of Elspeth... i'll try and let you know how does it goes Smile
R3wind

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am anti-Elspeth in this build. I like the tutors and a one of AEther Flash as an anti-creature lock with Humility. Then you just win with Lightning Rift. Moat is good, just not as good as Humility and AEther Flash on the field.

Blue is also a must! Although green for Life from the Loam could be good also. I would also add one main deck Aura of Silence as a tutor target. Spot removal and artifact/enchantment removal are going to be key in so many matches.
Hiazashi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the deck now is going really better without a side i'm winning the most of my testing games (7-8/10 about)
i removed the exalted angels, some lands and the pyroclasm
putting in:
2 elspeth
4 Arid mesa
1 slice and dice (3 in tot now)
3 Spark spray

i really like this deck now the combo Humility+ Elspeth is perfect at the moment none has stopped it, and if there's also a lightning rift or Ajani in play they always quit Smile

If anyone want to play with me just let me now ^^
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1