Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vintage Pyromancer (Help Needed)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Vintage (T1) Decks
R3wind

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be ok in Legacy if you played Gifts/Intuition with Regrowth and Fireblast, Lightning Bolt, and Chain Lightning.
Pins4Sins

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakai wrote:
2 words:
Not playable.

I asked for help with it, not for people to tell me it sucks and troll the thread and spam it all day.

2 words "Fuck Off"
ha897

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

51.666% of your maindeck is consisted of soceries/instants.
77.41% of your instants/sorceries are 4ofs.
9.67% of your insants/sorceries are absolutely unplayable. (cruel ultimatum)
100% of your deck is fail.

-also, you have absolutely no way of winning without the pyromancer ascensions, even with the vintagy draw spells.
-common mistake to think that just because you have half your deck <exageration> of artifact turbos, means that you can have ridiculous mana costing spells: tezzeret used to be considered WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too expensive, but somehow people made it work in vintage. do yourself a favor and dont play with the ultimatum.
-you asked for advice, and you got it. if people think this deck is terrible, just deal with it and post an updated version, quit the thread, or just disregard the comments altogether. you dont have to qq about it. if you want people to say "hey your deck is awesome" and "Your deck turns me on" then just dont post the thread altogether because you're not going to get ANY competent and efficient posts.
-if you dont want trolls, dont post in the forums. trolls have moved to the forums from under the bridge if you havnt noticed.

but if you DO still want to make this work, then just dont play it in vintage. vintage is too random and too inconcistent for combos that need to be consistent.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tezzeret was good cause its a 1 card combo
R3wind

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time Warp is so not needed. When you are going off what you really need is more mana and more cards. Extra turns are a waste of deck space. I put together a quick version that without disruption wins on turn three. I know that is stil slow for even Legacy. I think that this may be a better starting place.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
3 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
3 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
4 [B] Volcanic Island
4 [B] Tropical Island
2 [B] Taiga

// Spells
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [LG] Chain Lightning
4 [M10] Ponder
4 [M11] Preordain
4 [ZEN] Pyromancer Ascension
4 [SHM] Manamorphose
4 [MR] Seething Song
4 [JGC] Regrowth
4 [JGC] Intuition
4 [FNM] Accumulated Knowledge
4 [SH] Mox Diamond

There are some major cards that you should be abusing! You could also storm out the other player with like Grapeshot also but Chain Lightning seems more flexable. Accumulated Knowledge could also be Deep Analysis.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you want to build is a deck with "free spell copies". How about Dream Halls ?

This way, you can win with individual spells and you don't need to play so many 4ofs. Also, Dream Halls is great with even just a Cruel Ultimatum. Mana Drains, a good card by itself (unlike the Call to Mind..) will enable an early Dreams Halls while also being of protective purpose.
Pins4Sins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
I think what you want to build is a deck with "free spell copies". How about Dream Halls ?

This way, you can win with individual spells and you don't need to play so many 4ofs. Also, Dream Halls is great with even just a Cruel Ultimatum. Mana Drains, a good card by itself (unlike the Call to Mind..) will enable an early Dreams Halls while also being of protective purpose.

Awesome. I will give it a go, and i've seen Dream Halls in action, lot of a fun, and you're right about Mana Drains and such. Thanks for the reply. Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Vintage (T1) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2