Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Kamigawa Block?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kami wasn't as horrible as some blocks, but just not a lot going on. I really hope they don't make another Kami and DO make another Ravnica.
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamigawa is/was/will forever will be awful and if it ever happens again it is the herald of the end times. WOE. REPENT.
MotC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kami block was overall a bad block, not the worst however. I did however enjoy its time in Standard and I did enjoy Kami Block Constructed while it lasted.
spec

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may have been not the best block that has ever been printed, but flavorwise i think it was awesome!
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any block after mirrodin will be pretty weak, kamigawa was good at the time but few of the cards influenced other formats as its easy now to say it sucked cause none of the cards are playable anymore
Zeph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe I'll be the only one who will reply to your question:

I don't know if they will make another set in that plane. Maybe they do, Scars of Mirrodin could be the start of a trend of returning to old planes. After all planeswalkers are now a lot more important to storyline than before.

Anyways, even if they will return to Kamiwaga, Bridge from Below is not enough proof of that. The guy on the art has clothes similar to european renaissance-times (look the ornament close to the shoulders and compare to the guy on the left: http://www.chemicalpictures.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ambassadors.jpg ). It looks almost like some kind of Inquisition Priest.

Also, the Zombie armor looks a lot european.

The helmet is not oriental either, and the writing on the stones in background is cuneiform (babylonic, not japanese). [compare http://muarchives.missouri.edu/images/exh_libraries/LE-SpecCuneiformClayTabletLarge72res.jpg ]

Here is a good image of Bridge to compare with the ones I gave to you before. ( http://magiccards.info/scans/en/fut/81.jpg )
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analyze things much? This is a bad case of over-over-over-analysis. Rolling Eyes

Anyways, even if they will return to Kamiwaga Confused

Kami-whatta?
Zeph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashmatan wrote:
Analyze things much? This is a bad case of over-over-over-analysis. Rolling Eyes

Anyways, even if they will return to Kamiwaga Confused

Kami-whatta?

Maybe for a troll mentally disabled like you it requires analysis. It took me less than 5 seconds to notice the card wasnt oriental at all. It took more time to find the appropriate images to prove my point.
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine. I guess I'm a retard, but at least I have perfect spelling so as not to prove it to the world, unlike you.
BTW, anyone who knows magic would have LOLed when they read the authors post anyway, so those that actually went through the analysis of the pic then gave an interpretation went a touch too far when the answer is just "NO".
Rikets

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL@ the trolls...anyways we have no idea if they are just because a set has crappy cards doesnt mean they wont go back and redo it im willing to bet they will go back and redo most if not all of the old sets its getting to hard for them to make outrageously good new cards much easier and less time consuming to improve old ones and make them outrageously good
Zeph

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashmatan wrote:
Fine. I guess I'm a retard, but at least I have perfect spelling so as not to prove it to the world, unlike you.
BTW, anyone who knows magic would have LOLed when they read the authors post anyway, so those that actually went through the analysis of the pic then gave an interpretation went a touch too far when the answer is just "NO".

The harder you try to troll, the harder you fail. You just said the most stupid thing ever and keep trying. Stop embarrassing yourself and go back to 4chan son. You fail at trolling, not to mention life.
DivineHeresy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awh, don't insult 4chan like that. They may be A LOT of things, but they are a step above any of the trolls currently on Magic-League (save cmc).
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeph wrote:
Ashmatan wrote:

The harder you try to troll, the harder you fail. You just said the most stupid thing ever and keep trying. Stop embarrassing yourself and go back to 4chan son. You fail at trolling, not to mention life.

Really? Troll? Trolls comments are usually off-topic, which why they are called trolls. I actually answered the author's post and I'm a troll?

@Zeph--Look, I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt when I made fun of your world of Kamiwaga Laughing, but the second post you made just takes the cake. What in God's name are you trying to utter?

The harder you try to troll, the harder you fail. You just said the most stupid thing ever and keep trying. Stop embarrassing yourself...

I'll stop right there. You said it all. Anything else fun to say to get back at me for YOUR embarrassing moment? Cuz honestly, I'm getting kinda fond of throwing you under the bus and you keep coming back for more! How sweet.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many times wizards fills holes for art on new cards with leftover old art from older sets that never made it to print for whatever reason. this could simply be art that was previously commissioned and never saw print for some reason.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we not all agree that a revisit to Kamigawa would suck immensely?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2