Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Level Boros

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Branhamcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Next Level Boros Reply with quote

I have been working on a nice deck that can win, and will not loose much after rotation. Bushwacker is always a nice deck so I decided to go down that path. Please don't be rude all I'm looking for is some suggestions, and advice thanks.
OK it is a fast deck I have wins over Mono Green Titan, ValaRamp, And Vampires, with only one match loss to Acension.

4x Kiln Fiend
4x Goblin Guide
4x Steppe Lynx
4x Plated Geopede

4x Lightning Bolt
4x Burst Lightning
4x Path to Exile
4x Emerge Unscathed
3x Mighty Leap
1x Oust

4x Marsh Flats
4x Arid Mesa
4x Scalding Tarn
6x Mountain
6x Plains

SideBoard
-- -------------
4x Celestial Purge
4x Leyline of Sanctity
4x Manabarbs
3x War Priest of Thune

It curves out at 1.33 average cost with 20 red spells and 16 white spells.
The Mighty Leap is a questionable card I know....but it is used not only to feed to the Fiend Kiln but also helps get him or one of my landfall creatures through. The oust is almost like a 5th path. let me know what I need to add and or remove thanks everyone
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, in concept at least.

Why Oust? It gains them life!

I think Mighty Leap is fine. Jumps over wall of omens and plant tokens all day long. I actually like it here.

Emerge Unscaithed is O.K. at best. You only have 16 creatures. I say cut that number down to 2, or cut mighty leap down some as well. 7 Creature targeting instants and only 16 creatures is a whack ratio IMO.

I think you should be playing Fling.

I would SB the path's and maindeck more creatures or burn. You don't run enough guys to do the "path my own guy to trigger more landfall" trick... not that it's much of a trick.

how the HELL did you lose to ascension? You have 15 cards to bring in against it, if you so choose. The SB is awkward in that fact, as you have way too much ascension and ramp hate... Those are supposedly your good matchups.

I would cut 2 emerge unscaited, 1 oust, 4 path and add in 2 fling, 2 earthquake and 3 Chandra's Spitfire. Or some such combination.

I like manabarbs in the board, as well as Celestial purge. War priest is a meta call i guess, and I do not like leyline. You don't want to be reactive. What is leyline good against anyway? Vala and ascension. You beat those already, so... cut it. I'd go Kor Firewalker in that spot, or when the new set hits maybe Manic Vandals to kill swords and whatnot. If you are more lenient on pre-rotation, I think ajani vengent is good.
Branhamcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ P_P4E

You have a very good point with the leyline it is for the matchups Valaramp and Ascension but I should beat those without it so thank you for pointing that out. Emerge is just there to protect my creatures as you see I have no late game or big heavy beatstick so if you can kill my creatures early Im in trouble, plus it rebounds and pumps the fiend two turns in a row.

I also like the fling Idea here it does fit well with 3 of my 4 creatures so thanks for that as well.

Should I bring the manabarbs to the main?
tkgons4st

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs Ranger of Eos + bushwacker(i know eos rotates) and agreed with the fling, i took a t3 18 dmge cuz of that card at a PTQ
dummyb3ar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched him kill people turn 3 with they way the deck is now
DivineHeresy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes this "Next Level"? Are you Pat Chapin? Why does EVERYONE insist on making a bad version of an existing archetype, then calling it 'Next Level'?
Branhamcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DivineHeresy wrote:
What makes this "Next Level"? Are you Pat Chapin? Why does EVERYONE insist on making a bad version of an existing archetype, then calling it 'Next Level'?

Because I think that this will be the direction that boros goes post rotation..... using kiln fiend and such.....which would make it next level. This is not a bad version....a deck that can consistently kill between turns 3 and 5 is not bad. I listed my match up results and it has proven itself against three top tier decks. So thank you but your ignorance is not welcome here. I made this thread looking for advice and input not stupid spam from some random troll.
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think u need kiln fiend, boros and rdw are already good decks from zendikar block and they dont need kiln fiends
Branhamcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
i dont think u need kiln fiend, boros and rdw are already good decks from zendikar block and they dont need kiln fiends

Well boros does loose ranger, and RDW looses the hellspark, ball lightning, and the hells thunder.....replacing those staples with a nice alternative like Kiln Fiend could still make those decks viable post rotation....... with is the part you seem to be missing (POST ROTATION) all this version will loose is the mana barbs and the PTE
spudfuss2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you could benefit by adding more burn....i run staggershock and searing blaze main. they seem better than mighty leap after a day, or if they have bolt condem path it just seems dead.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staggershock should be in the main over Path to Exile. Also you need to cut some of the fetchlands. You only want 8-10. With only 12 lands in your deck you will still draw some in the game making some of your fetchlands dead draws.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3wind wrote:
Staggershock should be in the main over Path to Exile. Also you need to cut some of the fetchlands. You only want 8-10. With only 12 lands in your deck you will still draw some in the game making some of your fetchlands dead draws.

I think the game is over by then, one way or another. The deck isn't designed to survive until it has 12 lands.

I am not a fan of Kiln Fiend. Mostly because it becomes killed or blocked against any opponent who knows what he is doing.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Branhamcat wrote:
gypsy wrote:

Well boros does loose ranger, and RDW looses the hellspark, ball lightning, and the hells thunder.....replacing those staples with a nice alternative like Kiln Fiend could still make those decks viable post rotation....... with is the part you seem to be missing (POST ROTATION) all this version will loose is the mana barbs and the PTE

did u not read the part where i said zendikar block as in no shards cards
Rath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're missing a few important cards that made Boros what it is.

Obviously you lose a few things, (Ranger, Elspeth, Path, Manabarbs)

I would add the following:

2-3 Stoneforge Mystic + Adventuring Gear & Basilisk Collar

Gives the deck so much more reach imo. It may seem slow, but gives you so many more options mid/late game.

2 Kor Skyfisher

Doesn't get the credit it deserves. "Refills" landfall, unblockable a majority of the time. Very efficient 2-drop. The drawback is sometimes big enough you never want to have 2 in your hand.

2-3 Cunning Sparkmage

This will probably be a metagame call depending on how many Birds + Cobras there will be, but when Path is gone, assembling Sparkmage + Collar will be that much more important.
Branhamcat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
R3wind wrote:

I think the game is over by then, one way or another. The deck isn't designed to survive until it has 12 lands.

I am not a fan of Kiln Fiend. Mostly because it becomes killed or blocked against any opponent who knows what he is doing.

Well I agree with you about the fetch any deck with both steppe lynx and the geopede both uses at least 12 fetch ive seen some even add a terramorphic for a 13th. But as far as blocking and killing the fiend with pte, Bolt, and burst, not to mention emerge, and the leap killing it or blocking it may prove harder than you think
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2