Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to Nature in valakut ramp sb

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my opponent didn't even have into the roil, so his whole deck was pretty fast.

I guess you never resolved summoning trap (successfully) on turns 2-3-4, because if you do, you automatically win no matter what 100% of the time.

Or you don't play Gaea's Revenge.

Also most of the matches I won were before I had Back to Nature in my Board.

lol at every single person who said they tested and ascension won. LOL HARD.
[-a-L-e-]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTrooper wrote:
I admit I was a tad too arrogant but, in my defense, you said 8-2, meaning ten games, and only pre-sideboard... which isn't that much of a testing session. You should be playing more post-sideboard games than pre-sideboard. Thirty games is, however, pretty respectable.

Don't worry, it was my fault that i wrote "8-2" and not "80-20".

DTrooper wrote:
That said, that Ascension list plays ten ETBT lands, which can't be right. Rest for the Weary might be good against RDW, but ten tapped lands slows the deck down for at least one, usually two turns. No wonder the Ramp list was winning so much. Slowing the deck down that much screws all your other matchups only to have a small edge against RDW. And Rest for the Weary isn't game over, not even close... to win the RDW matchup the deck should be streamlined to kill as soon as possible and play four Burst Lightning post-sideboard.

It's true, like i said in the first post it's a pretty old list, it's of about a month ago, and i get it from CAN'TREMEMBERTHENAME blog, which has created the deck. He is playing rest for the weary for rdw (8 lifes give you like 1-2 turns, in some situations even more...16 lifes with one spell it's gg.) and probably it's the only thing to change in the deck, 'cause like you said the etbt lands are slowly down the deck...but i'm truly convinced that even with a list with scalding tarn the deck can't go better of 35-65. Post board with negates on one side and back to nature on the other, i don't think it could get so much better.

[quote="P_P4E"]I guess you never resolved summoning trap (successfully) on turns 2-3-4, because if you do, you automatically win no matter what 100% of the time.

Or you don't play Gaea's Revenge./quote]

Obvs gaea's revenge turn 4 or 5 it's almost gg, but i assume you didn't read well the trap, 'cause you can cast it free only if they counters you a creature. On turns two you don't play creature, on turns 3 or 4...bloodbraid? I swear to god i would never play bloodbraid in rg valakut, but if you play it, it's only your 4x bloodbraid (and your...2/3, maybe 4 trap?) against his 4x mana leak, and i don't think the chance of this scenario to get real are so high.

EDIT:

and just like i was saying...
at the first round of the trial me playing rg valakut was owned by a ur ascension, lol.

he was playing the list i posted but with scalding tarns (so, 22 lands with 2 halimar, 4 scalding, 6 mountains, 10 island), and -2 into the roil -1 call to mind +3 foresee, md. i didn't see his sb.

both games he do the perfect game:
t1: ponder/preordain/halimar depths
t2: pyromancer/see beyond
t3: pyromancer/see beyond+ponder/preordain
t4: see beyond+ponder+preordain
t5: time warp, comboed, gg.

First game i kept a not super hand (valakut, mountain x2, terramorfic, cultivate, titan, avenger), maybe i've to mulligan...and obvs i've draw only lands. Second game i've drop gaea's revenge t5, he untapped and comboed with warps ecc.

Obvs the next turn he would died (he was at 11 'cause of a fetch, i was holding two siege gang and a land with 8 lands in play)

My opponent was agreed that it's a bad mu for him and it was pretty much lucky...life sucks, lol.
MotC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss combos that revolve around getting lots of mana to either storm like mad or play fireball or some sort.
cmc
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[-a-L-e-] wrote:

They aren't ten games but like 25-30. "it ended 8-2" it mean 80-20 for valakut, 'cause the score was like 17-11 for it. And yes, like i said, they were all pre-sb.

Math is hard.
[-a-L-e-]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmc wrote:
[-a-L-e-] wrote:

They aren't ten games but like 25-30. "it ended 8-2" it mean 80-20 for valakut, 'cause the score was like 17-11 for it. And yes, like i said, they were all pre-sb.

Math is hard.

...when we are testing some close mu and the score it was like 12-12, all the time one of us tell "i'm feel that you've/i've a little edge anyway, the mu is more 55-45 for me 'cause in this game you get very lucky, in that other game i mulliganed to four and etc bla bla bla etc." This is the same, we're tested and the score ended on 17-11, but there was some games when the ur have see 4 mana leak, some others games where valakut mulliganed to 3-4-5 without see lands (very difficult, we agree right?) so the mu for us it was like 80-20/75-25.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turn 2 (for you, but you can do it on YOUR third turn and their second) trap is impossible, but turn 3-4-5 is GG every single time. I just threw that in there. BBE is a valid inclusion in this deck because it baits the trap (not often, though, but against ascension they might have to counter to stay alive) and it provides a blocker while not losing any tempo other than it being cast a turn later than other ramp spells... But often you are casting a 3cc ramp spell on turn 4 anyway, so it's not a big difference at all really.

Getting in the cheap 3 damage is actually pretty relevant, as often you can alpha strike them for 18, not 20. in most situations. Not that you aren't going to win, but against ascension and the like... It makes the difference.
Shinato

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodbraid Elf sucks in R/G Valakut, I actually testet this quite a bit. also all version without Khalni Heart Expedition and Harrow suck hard, as they will be too slow.
DTrooper
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to necro a thread with a double-post.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2