Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NayaFriends

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

play 60 cards
kfcman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 doj and 3 coup is overkill.

chandra is way too inefficient for competitive play.

Realms uncharted is not very good. It just gets you lands into hand, and not even the ones you particularly want. Straight mana accel cards like cultivate and rampant growth are strictly better.

I would suggest going into a Naya ramp direction. Primeval titan, destro force and realm razer.

And yes, definitely play 60 cards even.
ejv

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a cool idea, some card choices I feel are pretty awkward,some exclusions and inclusions; playing elspeth or ajani turn 3 is good I think, realm razer is not that good in a control deck where your opponent is just piling up removal in hand, there are way too many wraths and removals and the manabase seems not appropriate as you basically have 16 lands that come into play tapped; what I think would be cool is playing destructive force md with accelleration plus planeswalkers, this is my attempt:

4 explore
4 cultivate
4 wall of omens
4 path to exile
3 primeval titan
3 oblivion ring
3 elpeth knight errant
3 ajani vengeant
3 gideon jura
3 destructive force
2 day of judgement

4 jungle shrine
4 arid mesa
4 raging ravine
4 sunpetal grove
4 forest
2 plains
2 mountain

side
4 obstinate baloth
4 celestial purge
4 cunning sparkmage
2 day of judgement
1 oblivion ring

the sideboard is what I feel good in this meta, maybe apart from the excessive celestial purge the rest should be fine as baloth is better than kor as it works against rdw and jund pretty well; I don't think leyline or relic are usually needed but could be good choices in specific metagames; the titans I would actually find space for another one, 24 lands seems ok but needs testing, you could also play no titans and no force for an extra land an extra wrath and 4 bolts cutting some paths for a couple power spells to play with the extra mana to make it more straight control; nevertheless I think the bulk of the deck should be the 8 accellerators, the 9 planeswalkers, walls, paths, rings and wraths and some spells to cast with the big mana. also explore>rampant growth, but maybe to make it work properly you need an extra land, but this only testing can tell. gl with the deck hope I helped, laters!
strider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garruk is missing...
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank4Finger wrote:
oh and realm razer if dropped right is house, especially in control.

its good if u ahve a bunch of planeswalkers in play but at that point do u really need realm razer?
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the deck. Realms uncharted is sick!

One thing missing and I think it might be the key... Knight of the reliquary. Realms uncharted pumps him, D-force post board makes him a monster, and he's amazing after a realm razor (I know they don't go to the yard, but a 5/5 or whatever that can stay untapped for Sejiri stepp purposes is sick).

I'd cut path to exile and go with lightning bolt I think. Also, I like Garruk as everyone is mentioning. Allows you to only have 1 white source and cast elspeth or giddeon, plus its a blowout with D-force game 2-3 when you cast it then d-force on turn 4-5-6 or whatever.

I would also think if you're playing overgrown battlement, the number is automatically 4. At least cut the wall of omens for it, if not 2 of something else to get to 4 each.
fLn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was just like

ye lets take some decks and schuffle em together... okay lets see, those are the powerfull cards I like, those are the ones which are played, lets get em together, oh cool a deck.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1