Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

monogreen rush/swarm

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Subaru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your entire deck is tech against Maelstrom pulse and haunting echoes?
jfc
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

prolly LOOL

but try to focus in best cards and put 4 of each
ywizez

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Focus, boy, focus. Reply with quote

Without trying to discourage you, your deck looks pretty casual and I can't understand how you can consistently win turn 4 or even 5-6, provided your opponent didn't mull to 4 or below.

Your entire focus seems to be on sending little creatures to die until Beastmaster Ascension activates. I'm fine with that, it's a fair FNM strategy, but some picks within your deck don't make sense to me. Why the Birds of Paradise? Llanowar Elves would have some synergy with your Archdruid, and beat for 1 instead of 0 (remember, your deck is Green only). Why all the single cards? If you're telling me it's casual and these are the cards you got, fine, but usually competitive people will design the deck and _then_ buy.

If I examine the strategy, without Beastmaster Ascension, nothing happens. You need at least 2 turns to put that in play, and on turn 3 you might be able to cast some creatures that can't attack before turn 4, which means by turn 5-6 you can maybe get the effect of the Ascension if none of your creatures got removed. By that time, your basilisks aren't too useful. Also why the massive mana generation? What are you going to do with the mana from a Joraga Treespeaker, when later in the game you have your entire hand on the board? You have 4 of those, that you need to upgrade to get mana (and thus acceleration) from, and they're really only used for... Wolfbriar? A Baloth? In which case, you need more of them. Also you can't do anything against a Disenchant except trying to run them over with your Stampede, which is a one-of.

Lastly, your land count is 19, 3 of which come into play tapped. That really slows your tempo, consider upping your land count to 22-23, or at least 20 that come into play ready to use. Considering you're probably building on a budget, I'd say go with some solid beating cards like Garruk Companion/Leatherback Baloth and forget the basilisks, the channelers, the birds, even the Eldrazi Spawns (if you're green and use elves, you won't need them for mana and an army of elves supported by early-mid beating would help more, personal opinion), or focus on producing really massive mana/creatures with Spawns and use bombs like Overrun/Legendary Eldrazis.

Just focus, and test.
DivineHeresy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're just playing a random amounts of certain cards to make room for more random amounts of other cards. It is unfocused, and doesn't make much sense.

My suggestion would be this;

-2 Birds of Paradise, -2 River Boa, -1 Mul Daya Channelers, -1 Daggerback Basilisk, -1 Leatherback Baloth, -2 Wolfbriar Elemental, -3 Acidic Slime, -1 Greater Basilisk, -1 Rampaging Baloth, -1 Fog, -1 Awakening Zone, ;

None of these cards make ANY sense. You're playing Mono Green, so Noble Hierarch is STRICTLY better than Birds, River Boa just isn't better than Nest Invader, the Basilisks are BARELY playable in Limited, let alone Constructed, the Baloth doesn't help your 'cause since it doesn't have evasion or trample, and cost a lot, the Elemental is too slow for what you want, Acidic Slime deserves a slot in the board, not in the main, Rampaging Baloth costs more than you'll EVER want to pay, the Fog is 100% random, and Awakening Zone serves zero purpose. This leaves you 16 more slots for;

+4 Noble Hierarch, +1 Nest Invader, +3 Elvish Visionary, +2 Eldrazi Monument, +1 Khalni Garden, +2 Forest, +2 Llanowar Elves, +2 Elvish Archdruid, +1 Mitotic Slime.

That lives you with something like this:

Lands - 22:
4 Khalni Garden
22 Forest

Spells: 8
2 Eldrazi Monument
4 Beastmaster's Ascension
2 Garruk Wildspeaker

Creatures 30:
4 Noble Hierarch
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Nest Invader
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Kozilek's Predator
4 Joraga Treespeaker
2 Mitotic Slime

SB 15:
4 Acidic Slime
4 Obstinate Baloth
3 Master of the Wild Hunt (Great against aggro
2 Pithing Needle
1 Eldrazi Monument (Excellent against Wrath)
1 Anything

Now, I am not saying this list is, by any means, good. But your list is unrefined and unfocused. I can promise you this list will serve you better, but keep in mind that I did this in 10 minutes and didn't test. Some things do not need testing, it can be seen on paper. When you're wasting slots for those Basilisk's, they'd be better served as making something GOOD a 4 of 100% of the time.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That list is a nice stepping stone to the inevitable endpoint, though I see a lot of good in Leatherback Baloth, especially when it pops out on turn 2, but like you said, no trample means it'll get chump-blocked a lot and no evasion means that Path to Exile, O-ring and (granted a large amount) burn are gonna eat it up.

If you're gonna run Archdruid, go all elves or go home. I would suggest running those Obstinate Baloth's md and putting Great Sable Stag in the SB in it's place. Autumn's veil is another interesting card, especially if you play in a meta with a lot of vampires. I don't like Acidic Slime, but I see it used a lot, so Iunno.

I do like the synergy with Ascension, Monument, Garruk and the tokens you get from Nest Invader and Predator. Perhaps drop the archdruid for that green sorcery called pest-something or other, the things that gives you 3 tokens.

Iunno, without Vengevine, mono green is extremely neutered, so take that into consideration.
DivineHeresy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would be running 4 Llanowar Elves, 4 Treespeaker, 4 Visionary, and 4 Archdruid. That would be plenty to ramp out Monuments and other spells. It seems pretty solid to me.

Though, I think the entire idea of the deck is completely flawed. I would NOT play Beastmaster's Ascension. I would load up on Monuments and Overrun effects, but that's me.
Branhamcat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first glance I was like ahh how neat its a mono green Fauna Junk deck.....then I was like wtf where is the Fauna then I was like wow this must be some sort of joke? I think that this build could be consistently competitive if it did run the 4x shamans then you could mayve go get you that creature you need to turn the game around.
DivineHeresy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with Fauna Shaman, the Basilisks would still be junk. 3 for a 2/2 and 5 for a 3/5 in an "aggro" deck is not good enough. Also, if it ran Fauna Shaman, it would not run Beatsmaster's Ascension, because Shaman is a very slow card.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atleast he didn't try to make a deck around Elvish Piper.
Kookie_Mnstr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeMuppet wrote:
Atleast he didn't try to make a deck around Elvish Piper.

ooooh i wish there was a like button on here Smile
beetlegix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been testing this, seems to test well against most decks. Red deck is a tough one and valakut ramp seems to be tough too. just overextend early and hope to out number there creatures and overrrun.

4x Kahalani Garden
16x Forests

4x LLanowar elves
4x Arbor elves
4x Nest invader
4x Garruks companion
4x Leatherback baloth
4x Kozilek's Predator
2x Prized unicorn

4x Might of the masses
3x Garruk Wildspeaker
3x Overwhelming stampede
4x Overrunn
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1