Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh, thy magic players, what will we ever do with you

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Dooby12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with SJM all the way.

As far as netdecking,I try to stay away from it as much as I can. I always prefer to build my own decks regardless of the other decks out there,and have always found that playing my own decks works so much better for me personally than Netdecking(with the exception of MWS were it doesn't work out that much).

As far as people that netdeck,who cares? Build something that can beat these decks and then TEST TEST TEST!!! Refine the deck,find out what works,what doesn't,build your sideboard(although you really should build 2,one for M-L,and one for RL). Then go out and have fun with it.

I am and I'm having a blast playing BW Sanguine Bond(have Top 4'd with it at my local shop and made it to 3rd round yesterday in the trial and beat what I'm sure was a netdeck with it).

I also know that I said that my last post was all,but c'mon. I couldn't resist.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh, thy magic players, what will we ever do with you Reply with quote

ha897 wrote:

@dtrooper
LMAO i thought you would be scared to show your face now, but w.e
so the thing was was that somehow, youa ccepted the putrid leech, but then you bolt and then you take the damage away by adding 2 life? no dude, your stupid, and bad. just another terrible magic player who thinks hes good, and by using phases you are a god. go play magic online, where your forced to use phases if you dont like people not using phases. the noob of the year award goes to you sir.
please do not respond you sorry excuse for life

There is no term in magic that says "accepted the damage". In MWS, the most common way to show that you don't block and pass priority is to take the damage. If that is ok with you, the damage step is over and second main phase begins. If not, like it was in this case, you activate the Putrid Leech by paying two life and thus show the opponent that it isn't time to go into Damage Step just yet, and so no damage is dealt yet either. Waiting for the ability to resolve, you pass priority to him and he Bolts it, killing it. Of course, since no damage is dealt yet, he needs to retract the lifeloss he took to signal no blockers and passed priority.

If you didn't understand this, you are either an MWS-noob, a Magic-noob or an obnoxious moron.

Your choice.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3