Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My face when Primeval Titan is $50

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caesarthehun wrote:
ok so you crack say...three booster boxes of world wake, you get avg....2 jaces. sell any other chase rares and break even/make money.

WHY THE FUCK ISNT EVERYONE DOING THIS???

cause if you dont open jace u just lost infi
Dooby12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought the same thing about Magic for a while now, and I have to say I'm not alone.

This game is getting harder and harder to stay competitive in with the fact that there are so mnay of these cards coming out that are hitting these ridiculous numbers.

Which means that just short of having a small fortune,it's near impossible to win. If the cards keep going up like this,the game will eventually die. I don't like it or like the thought of it but its just flat out truth.

The only way for this game to continue to grow is for new people to get into the game. When cards are going for anywhere between $40 to $80 a pop,it gets very difficult for a beginner to get into the game,especially when younger kids(teens) are trying to get into the game and don't have that type of money to get into the game.

With Scars coming out,I'm only dreading it because I know there will be a bunch of Artifacts that will end up warping the format more so than Jace does and will push the prices higher. As someone living in a crappy economy with no income,that will make it harder for me,personally,to stay in this game.

I know that with Workstation,the cards don't cost anything,but whats the point? I can build a Thousand Dollar deck on Workstation,but it doesn't change the fact that I don't have the real cards or can afford the real cards IRL.

The only thing that has kept me from wanting to quit outright is that fact that I've been able to compete effectively with what would be called "budget" decks. And I'm having fun with the decks as well,which for me makes the most difference.

But I want to be clear,this IS NOT a rant. These are just some of the things that I've noticed just around my local shops and from what I see on message boards online.

Sadly,I feel this game will be gone soon. Maybe not today or tomorrow,but soon. When people can't play this game because they can't afford the cards,then that when it stops being a game and becomes a cash grab.
Khudzlin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xSNACKSx wrote:
"Knowing what to buy is just as important as knowing when to buy."

-Some guy

If you want to play a format that's cheaper than standard and your cards will gain value you could just play legacy.

cheaper to stay in, certainly... but dual lands aren't exactly cheap or easy to find and the same goes for other legacy staples: the initial investment is quite steep
SJM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaming is dead.

Blizzard is charging $200 for Starcraft 2, a game in all ways inferior to SC1 from 1998.

All games are being over monetized with micro-transactions for maps and other additions that used to be free.

WOTC is pushing $50 to $90 mythics to move product.

Gaming is dead. Sad to see.

I didn't abandon gaming, gaming abandoned me. Guess I'll spend more time on the golf course and more time out in the national parks hiking and camping.
Alandariel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knighted wrote:
SJM wrote:
Gaming is dead.

Blizzard is charging $200 for Starcraft 2, a game in all ways inferior to SC1 from 1998.

All games are being over monetized with micro-transactions for maps and other additions that used to be free.

WOTC is pushing $50 to $90 mythics to move product.

Gaming is dead. Sad to see.

I didn't abandon gaming, gaming abandoned me. Guess I'll spend more time on the golf course and more time out in the national parks hiking and camping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&id=1200702781643

where did you buy starcraft 2 for $200?

That's what I was thinking. =/
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3