Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono W(TF is this deck supposed to be?)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
TofuBoy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Mono W(TF is this deck supposed to be?) Reply with quote

hi, I haven't actually played Magic in a while let alone build my own deck. I'm just looking for feedback on the following deck:

// Lands
16 [ROE] Plains (4)
4 [ZEN] Kabira Crossroads
2 [ZEN] Emeria, the Sky Ruin

// Creatures
4 [ROE] Wall of Omens
4 [M11] Serra Ascendant
2 [ZEN] Felidar Sovereign
3 [M11] Baneslayer Angel
4 [ALA] Knight of the White Orchid

// Spells
2 [ALA] Elspeth, Knight-Errant
2 [ROE] Gideon Jura
3 [ALA] Oblivion Ring
4 [ROE] Survival Cache
4 [WWK] Rest for the Weary
3 [ROE] Emerge Unscathed
3 [FBP] Day of Judgment

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M10] Pithing Needle
SB: 3 [M11] Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 3 [ZEN] Luminarch Ascension
SB: 3 [WWK] Kor Firewalker
SB: 3 [CFX] Path to Exile

Please refrain from posts such as:
"Out:
(long list of cards)
In:
(long list of cards that makes it a completely different deck)"
Obnoxide

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want posts like that, then maybe you should put the goals of your deck along with the list. Also make sure to point out reasons you are playing it or even putting time into it and strategies that you have for the deck. Otherwise i dont know what you want to keep or take out.

Right now this just looks like mono white junk, if your not going the heavy life route, then felidar sucks here. You have lifelink cards like serra and baneslayer (which should be a 4 of) and life gain from survival cache or rest for the weary but thats no where near enough to hit 40, and even if you do Felidar won't be the condition under which you win. In all honesty, the only way someone can competitively win with felidar is if they stall out to the point where they are popping more than 1 emeria per upkeep and they are bringing back etb cards like lone missionary back along with felidar.

On another note, Serra Ascendent and Ajani Pridemate are bomb together. Turn 1 serra into a turn 2 ajani is fun if it sticks.
TofuBoy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. In its current state, the deck is trying to do a lot of things leading to various win conditions.

Method 1: Life gain to have a quickly activated Ascendant that will hopefully make short work of my opponent
Method 2: Stall out and swing in with mid-game fat (Gideon, Baneslayer)
or
Method 3: Stall out and use life gain to enable a Felidar

Of the above methods, the first two happen the most frequently but the 3rd is still an option as I commonly hit 40 life.

Suppose the 3rd method was dropped:
-2 Felidar
-X ???
+1 Baneslayer
+X ???
boeda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest going for a single strategy with this deck.

On deckcheck you'll find 2 succesful options:

-Big eldrazi bombs combined with 'all of dust' supported by the eldrazi-land engine;

-Recurring creatures with 'Emeria, the Sky Ruin' supported by 'DoJ' and planeswalkers.

You can simply netdeck them and tweak em into M11 or like you did build a new version but stick to the logics of the above decks.
Although I like the Eldrazi build more, your deck is more like an Emeria-thing. You should go with that strategy and up the Emeria to 4. Then build your backbone of removal and card/land-advantage and add the creatures you wanna play.

If you are playing the lifegain creatures think of 'lone missionary' too, maybe add some 'pridemates' and 'slayers' and finish it of with 'Felidar' or even better: 'Iona'.
I doubt 'rest for the weary' and 'emerge unscathed' can make a difference, I suggest more ways too find land and some 'crystal balls' instead of them.

gl testing!
Dooby12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my BW Bond deck i use Felidar as alt win condition as well.

the one thing that i notice is missing for the deck though is Sunspring Expedition. drop this turn 1 and hit all your land drops and its basically 8 life for each one. just something to think about
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's your curve:

1cc: 7 ( 3 of which not a 1-drop)
2cc: 12
3cc: 7
4cc: 5
5cc: 5
6cc: 2

And you play Emeria, which requires 7 other lands.

You have 22 lands.

Do you see how this is a problem, even with KotwO? You cannot afford to lose land drops until at least turn 5, because even with this much lifegain you would trail too far behind both fast decks and control decks. I would say that even 26 lands are barely enough to cover your needs.

Cut Serra Ascendant. You don't need an 1/1 1-drop in a deck like this. Add 2 more Emeria, cut the Crossroads and add 6 more plains. This way, the chance of getting Emeria and 7 plains is maximized. Cut the Emerge Unscathed for 1 more Baneslayer Angel and 2 Sun Titan or some other powerful finisher (in that case Lone Missionary would fit well).
strider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best build is here it is tested against many match-ups:
4 baneslayer angel
4 serra's ascendant
3 silence
3 day of judgement
2 ajani goldmane
4 ajani's pridemate
2 felidar sovereign
4 rest for the weary
4 survival cache
4 wall of omens
4 oblivion ring
2 emeria, the sky ruin
16 plains
4 kabira crossroads
TofuBoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<name omitted> man with such a janky deck how can such a janky player get so lucky i mean i am 3123213 times better than u and have 34234234324 times more iq
TofuBoy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By that I meant
"Out:
Everything
In:
Red Deck Wins"
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1