Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So... Who plays Elder Dragon Highlander?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
DXMachina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: So... Who plays Elder Dragon Highlander? Reply with quote

This is a great format, and I was hoping to find some people to play test my EDH deck against. I will be putting up my decklist later on, since 85-ish unique cards takes a while.
Let's hear your feedback:
Do you like EDH?
Who is your general?
What colors do you like to play?
Moments/Highlights from EDH games?
Other casual formats you enjoy?
urindanger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say with the utmost certainty, that you sir, are the only individual who plays this game.
cogdill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ppl on mwsplay.net occasionally create EDH matches, theyre 1 vs 1 obv but still good for testing or practice
Spyx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play maga IRL, then maga, progenitus and rhys on mws from time to time.
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play EDH from time to time, such a thought provoking format, sadly alot of the crowd that play it are more in the fun spirit than competative spirit I embrace.
Dr_Nico

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only play EDH in chaos multiplayer with my group of friends, and it's the most fun I ever had playing magic.
Sorry I can't help you with a competitive deck but you should try to build fun and interactive decks with your group and you'll realize it's one of the best formats ever.
DXMachina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current general is Uril, the Miststalker, and I've found that 3 or 4 man EDH is one of the most fun formats I play in.
It's a lot of fun, but I've taken a very competitive edge to mine. Even in our circle, we've begun having challenge matches for the rights to a certain general, since a lot of people have similar plans for their generals. (Rafiq of the Many, Thraximundar, Treva the Renewer are the main 3)
I'll be around both MWS servers tonight, so look for me for EDH if you'd like.
Edowardo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really only play EDH on ml and I use Oona, and Uril.
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
I play dralnu irl
in edh basically anything with blue
Highlights probably making infinite mana with the filgree sages combo drawing my deck with dimir guildmage and profane commanding for lethal.
EDH is the main casual format i enjoy but once and awhile planechase is fine
DXMachina

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could do EDH with Planechase at the same time. And then make it batshit insane by giving each player an Archenemy scheme deck and playing 2 Headed Giant.
No seriously, I did this once, except without Archenemy because it didnt exist yet. It was amazing.
DXMachina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinconvery wrote:
Hard to play EDH here; people will be douchebags under the pretext of being competitive, which was never in the spirit of the game designer.
As soon as people are forced to play face-to-face and then ostracized because they want to play the most "broken" or "competitive" deck in the format, EDH is a lot more fun. If you're just number-crunching about the multiple ways you can combo someone out for lethal, not so much fun. Were casual magic as cutthroat and competitive as tournament Magic, I doubt you'd see nearly as many people playing Magic.

Don't believe me? Look at chess these days, a very competitive game where there's one best move in any given situation, and the game always starts out the same way. You don't see much competition at the lower levels; in fact, there's a very small population of people competitively playing it as opposed to folks with Elo ratings > 2000. (strong and above)

But hey, if you want to waste time in building a "tournament EDH deck" (an oxymoron if there ever was one) go ahead. Just don't expect a lot of EDH groups to treat you with respect the second or third time you break out your annoying deck.

Quoted For Truth
EDH is definitely about the fun you can have while playing, and playing online doesn't do the format justice. I mean, how original is it to see someone go "lol turn 3 Rafiq, turn 4 Sovereigns I WINZ" in a format with 100 card libraries? That isn't fun. What is fun is seeing 4 massive armies get slowly built up and then suddenly HALLOWED BURIAL and they all disappear with no way to recover your generals. AHAHAHA
[/rant]
R0B

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kresh the Bloodbraided!!!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2