Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fauna.deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
fLn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Fauna.deck Reply with quote

Hi,

I tryed to build like 10 new decks since m11. This one is the beste I tested. It's incredibly solid.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [WWK] Raging Ravine
3 [CHK] Mountain (2)
4 [M11] Swamp (4)
4 [M10] Rootbound Crag
4 [M11] Dragonskull Summit
4 [M11] Forest (1)
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs

// Creatures
4 [ALA] Sprouting Thrinax
2 [M11] Birds of Paradise
4 [ZEN] Bloodghast
4 [ROE] Vengevine
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
4 [M11] Fauna Shaman

// Spells
4 [ALA] Blightning
4 [M11] Lightning Bolt
3 [ZEN] Eldrazi Monument

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [ROE] Overgrown Battlement
SB: 2 [ROE] Prophetic Prism
SB: 1 [ROE] Sarkhan the Mad
SB: 3 [M11] Deathmark
SB: 3 [ARB] Terminate
SB: 3 [M11] Obstinate Baloth

The md and sideboard is not the definitive one, probably im gonna play this deck at nationals.

Main deck:

The main problem is how many birds or cobras to play.

After it is gay to cascade into bolt if you wish to get the double creature to get vengevine in game, but I can't play without removals, and blightning is just insano so I wont remove it.

If you have other ideas I am here to listen to them.

If you have ideas for a more solid manabase I wish to hear it. I havn't had much troubles since now anyways.

Sideboard:

Battlement is a card I never used yet, but I think it is good agains jund and rdw.

Prism is a nice fixer to spreading decks.

Sarkhan is always a nice card to have once in your hand, specially against jund.

Deadmark is against baneslayer it's the best solution because you need your mana.

Terminate is good as well and gives you the instant against mono red.

Baloth is insane against jund and monored.

fLn
Sigil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blightening is going to be pretty bad for a month or so, I expect to see some Baloths MD for a bit. Actually, if you're running Jund colors, you should probably check out Gavin Vehrey's "Evolving Jund for an M11 World". It still has a monument, it runs standard Jund spells, but he also makes a semi-compelling argument to not run the shaman.

If you're set on the shaman, look at his list anyway and pick what you would drop. It's a solid deck.
Verystrait42

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say drop the blightning for 4 MB Baloths.
gypsy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d1ngle wrote:
Putrid leech is cute but he is worse than bloodghast with monument in play.

not true
Obnoxide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point of bloodghast over putrid is that you are going to discard it to Fauna then bring it to play with a land drop.. pay attention.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need the one of silver bullets.

Grave Titan, Goblin Ruinblaster should be one ofs in your main deck, Grave Titan is an absolute house in any kind of mirror match up. Putting up 10 extra attacking power is insane.
ody

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you lose some good jund cards like maelstorm pulse for nothing. The 2 birds are random and the bloodghasts are not that good in a 3 colour deck. In my opinion any monument deck should play cobras and fetchlands for acceleration and mana fixing. Also jund is all about power plays and cascade. I dont want to cascade to a bird, a bloodghast or even a fauna shaman.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1