Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UWG control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
xxapathyxx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: UWG control Reply with quote

I want plenty of criticism, so tell me how to make this better.

Main board
Land 23
4 Plains
1 Stirring Wildwood
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Forest
3 Island
4 Glacial Fortress
3 Celestial Colonnade

Creatures 10
4 Perimeter Captain
2 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
4 Wall of Omens

Spells 27
4 Oblivion Ring
4 Cultivate
4 Explore
3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2 Cancel
2 Into the Roil
4 Path to Exile
4 Day of Judgment

Sideboard
2 Cancel
2 Into the Roil
2 Celestial Purge
1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
2 Sun Titan
2 Baneslayer Angel
2 Negate
2 Flashfreeze
Rikets

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

play bant uw or ug not these janky off the wall decks they are fun for cas play but wont win tournys
P_P4E

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just be blunt, but I like the deck for the most part.

You're only playing green for the sake of going faster. 4x chalace can be used in place if you think this is the strategy you want to try out. I love the interaction between an early chalice and into the roil, btw. I think it's a bit overlooked.

Preimeter Captain is a metagame call. From what I've seen at the 2 PTQ's in Pittsburgh, UW control is a heavy deck. Those cards are more than useless in that MU. Alot of people playing destructive force also, and so they could care less how much damage they get in before they go off on you.

I'd say solidify into UW control, or add the green in a way in which it will truly differentiate you from UW Control.

Love the sideboard though. Iona is another overlooked card.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how I feel about Perimeter Captain, but I think Overgrown Battlement would fit in here very nicely. As would more Planeswalkers I think (Gideon and Elspeth seem pretty good with a bunch of walls etcetc.) I also think Mind Spring might be worth looking into due to all the mana your deck can produce.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1