Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono Black Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
just2fierce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

needs some sort of draw power, tutelage/crystall ball or sign in blood or some combination of all...... don't think nighthawk is needed. my creature set is

2 Malakir Bloodwitch
4 Gatekeeper of Malakir
2 Grave Titan

3 hexmage is plenty and the effigy is a much needed evil vs ioona as she is auto loss g1.

I'm playing 2 sludge and 2 corrupt with 1 lilliana and 2 diabolic tutor....consume the meek as a singleton is proving very stong vs all the naya and bant stuff as well.....
BlackPen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you playing fetch lands? you are playing a control deck. even w/ gain life u need all the life u can get, also with a curve as high as yours you'll need all the land you can get(not worth to thin). also i think you need more lands in general.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadistic Sacrament is only good vs certain decks in certain situations. It is not needed maindeck.

Consume the Weak is much more useful than Infest.

Sorin Markov is too good to be only an 1-of. It makes more of an impact if you know you can play it to kill a creature or do -10 and knowingly let him allocate resources to kill him if you know you can draw another (or already have another).

Abyssal Persecutor can be good but you do have to allocate resources to kill him after he has done his job. While that is not hard in MBC normally, I think that Malakir Bloodwitch is a better finisher overall.
Fridolin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Mono Black Control Reply with quote

I'd cut every 6 cc spell except for triple Grave Titan. That card affects the board much more than Sorin or Corrupt. 4 x Doom Blade is required against Mythic and enables the 1-2-3 punch with Doom Blade, Gatekeeper, Vapors/Tendrils. Duress is better at pre-empting planeswalkers than Hexmage. It also clears the way for a nice Sludge.
ChrRome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corrupt seems unnecessary when you have Grave Titan and Abyssal Persecutor as finishers. Tendrils of Corruption would be much better imo, as it can remove threats just as easily while also costing only 4 and being an instant.

Also, no need for the Fetchlands.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD IT'S NANTUKO SHADE!!!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1