Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A New Style Mono Red!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Rikets

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

play traditional rdw this one sucks
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rikets wrote:
play traditional rdw this one sucks

This isn't RDW, this is Big Red

My suggestions?

-4 Chandra's Spitfire
-2 Chandra's Outrage
-2 Reverberate

+4 Inferno Titan
+4 Overflowing Challace

Might be pritty sweet
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Basilisk Collars is overkill. Go down to 2 to free up space for more burn or maybe even Fire Servant.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ritual seems mediocre
BlackPen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you playing fetch lands?. They don't fix and they don't landfall anything for you. Losing that much life isn't worth thinning your deck so much. Also if you are going to play fetch lands you should play searing blaze over chaandra's outrage. what is pyretic ritual ramping you to? turn three gladiator? The deck doesn't do anything but play 1 spell a turn and the spells aren't even that good.
BlackPen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also

reverberate?

really?
Eldar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been kicking around a list ever since I made a deck to just shitstomp allies at local FNMs a while back.

Creatures:
4-Cunning Sparkmage
4-Magma Phoenix
4-Siege-Gang Commander
4-Cyclops Gladiator
3-Kazuul Tyrant of the Cliffs

Artifacts:
4-Basilisk Collar
4-Everflowing Chalice

Instants:
4-Lightning Bolt
4-Burst Lightning

Sideboard:
4-Leyline of Punishment
4-Goblin Ruinblaster

That would be the most common shell. I was originally splashing white in this deck and it worked great and I think it could work again with the right cards. Definitely use siege-gang while he is still in as he is still bonkers. Another thought, I don't know how good triskelion is going to be this time around but he should be good with a collar on.

The white allows for path, stoneforge mystic (with more equip to tutor for like that new sword), maybe some planeswalkers or baneslayer if you can add enough white. Anyway keep me informed I would love to see where it ends up going.

And to everyone who says this is just worse than RDW you are idiots. RDW is an entirely different style of deck. Big Red is an entirely different archtype and hasn't been around since the days of arc slogger. Go read up before you flame scrubs.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1