Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The quality of the opponents on the mws server is amazing

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
itzmefreely

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: The quality of the opponents on the mws server is amazing Reply with quote

It is now turn 1 (itzmefreely)
It is now the Beginning Phase, Untap Step
itzmefreely rolled a 9, using a 20 sided die
Player shuffles library
Player shuffles library
Player draws a card
Player draws a card
Player draws a card
Player draws a card
Player draws a card
Player draws a card
Player draws a card
<itzmefreely> roll
<itzmefreely> b4 draw
Player rolled a 19, using a 20 sided die
Player plays Plateau from Hand
<itzmefreely> Ok
Player taps Plateau
Player puts Plateau to Graveyard from Play
Player is looking top 53 cards of its Library...
<itzmefreely> wtf
<itzmefreely> are u doing
Player puts Forest into play from Library
Player stops looking its Library...
Player taps Forest
Player plays Llanowar Elves from Hand
<Player> End my turn
<itzmefreely> hahahah
<itzmefreely> look what you just did
<itzmefreely> are you serious?
<Player> nohoo
<System> Player Lost
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny thing is that even though he mistook dual lands for the Standard-legal fetchlands, Plateau would fetch a Mountain or Plains and not a Forest...

Since you wanted him to roll before he draws etc (i.e big tournament-style seriousness), I think there are a few things you should do when you use the MWS servers to avoid awkward situations like this.

A. When you start or join a testing game, make sure you communicate that you want a serious game.

B. Play in M-L tournaments or league play - they are by default played either by better players or by players keen on avoiding mistakes.

C. If you can't find opponents doing A. or B. you can join or create non-serious games by marking them with "testing, fun, casual or with nothing at all (i.e T2). But then you need to let up on the seriousness, because in such games that becomes ruleslawyering.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whos the bigger loser, him or you for posting this
Thronner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should've lost 1 life
dAEdaL
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you felt the need to post this here puts you on the level of mwsplay server-goers.

If you want to play versus higher caliber players, don't play there.

End of story.
Klos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: The quality of the opponents on the mws server is amazin Reply with quote

itzmefreely wrote:

<Player> nohoo
<System> Player Lost

i lolled
perokeay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"PLAYER" shuffles library

... your fault Rolling Eyes !
cogdill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with daedal, everyone and theyre mother knows everyone that plays on mws that doesnt play in m-l is botarded its a common fact. so lesson learned, u got to play a retard. next time ask someone from m-l to play you chances are they actually know how to play magic. lmao "he shoulda lost 1 life" haha funny stuff
Edowardo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
The funny thing is that even though he mistook dual lands for the Standard-legal fetchlands, Plateau would fetch a Mountain or Plains and not a Forest...

Since you wanted him to roll before he draws etc (i.e big tournament-style seriousness), I think there are a few things you should do when you use the MWS servers to avoid awkward situations like this.

A. When you start or join a testing game, make sure you communicate that you want a serious game.

B. Play in M-L tournaments or league play - they are by default played either by better players or by players keen on avoiding mistakes.

C. If you can't find opponents doing A. or B. you can join or create non-serious games by marking them with "testing, fun, casual or with nothing at all (i.e T2). But then you need to let up on the seriousness, because in such games that becomes ruleslawyering.
How is telling your opponent they can't search their library for a forest with plateau rules lawyering?
itzmefreely

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just thought it was funny must have thought it was a fetch land and got a forest with r/w. just funny. everyone over analizes things here. jesus
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itzmefreely wrote:
i just thought it was funny must have thought it was a fetch land and got a forest with r/w. just funny. everyone over analizes things here. jesus

no its just everyone is tired of hearing these stories omg my opp on mws was so bad blah blah, ya everyone knows theyre horrible thats why u dont play on mws server
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shit im putting my name back to 'player' just so I can go on the server and troll the shit out of people lol.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1