Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vengeful Archon

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Tritemio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Vengeful Archon Reply with quote

If Vengeful Archon isn't into play when the damage is prevented, the Vengeful Archon make damage or not?
Sigil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Vengeful Archon Reply with quote

Tritemio wrote:
If Vengeful Archon isn't into play when the damage is prevented, the Vengeful Archon make damage or not?

...If the Archon isn't in play, you can't prevent the damage in the first place. His ability is an activated ability that requires him on the battlefield. So you can't prevent the damage in the first place.
Sigil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durango wrote:
Of course if you were to use his ability prior to a removal spell that turn the damage will still be prevented.

Okay if THAT'S what he meant, now it makes sense...
ody

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think he means something like:

Lighting bolt -> archon ability in response -> doom blade in resposne.

i think you resolve the ability prevent the damage but archon is not in play to deal the damage to your opponent.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would still deal the damage. If you doom blade a prodigal pyromancer in response to his ability, does he still do the damage? Yes. The same is true here.
ody

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm yes true. don't now what i was thinking and said no.
Tritemio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ody wrote:
i think he means something like:

Lighting bolt -> archon ability in response -> doom blade in resposne.

i think you resolve the ability prevent the damage but archon is not in play to deal the damage to your opponent.

yes, i thinked somthing like this....
Clariax
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vengeful Archon does not have to be in play when the damage is dealt, or even when its own ability resolves, for its ability to function completely. The Archon will still prevent the damage, and will still deal the damage to the target.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1