Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MTG mod for a game - Looking for a "cube".

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Miqo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: MTG mod for a game - Looking for a "cube". Reply with quote

I'm working on implementing an MTG minigame for an RPG. Instead of adding an entire edition (or worse, Alpha) I'm going to add a handpicked selection of cards.

If anyone has either a pool that would be well-suited for constructed, preferrably not larger than a couple hundred cards (which will give plenty of work) or an idea of what the cardpool should be like, please post your opinion here.
Miqo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Thanks for the opinion. Yes, I would rather "go down the years" and use some of the older cards... If not only old cards since new and old don't mix too well due to balance issues. I can see the new making the old pretty much unplayable. The new stuff seems to be awfully premade-like, as well, so I'll propably take option number one because I want the player to be able to get creative with the cards instead of having clearly defined decktypes to play.

I've never put together anything like this so any help available is appreciated. Examining a cube more closely might help in making the decisions and knowing what players want to see in the pool, that's why I asked for someone to post (a link to) one.
kaoak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of channelfireball's columnists talks about his own cube list regularly, you can try to fetch some of his articles
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1