Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RG Destructive Force (M11)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Sigil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: RG Destructive Force (M11) Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
7 [ZEN] Forest (1)
6 [ZEN] Mountain (3)
4 [M10] Rootbound Crag
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
1 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
4 [WWK] Raging Ravine

// Creatures
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
4 [M11] Primeval Titan
4 [ZEN] Oracle of Mul Daya
4 [ZEN] Lotus Cobra

// Spells
4 [WWK] Explore
3 [M11] Cultivate
3 [M10] Rampant Growth
4 [M11] Destructive Force

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
SB: 2 [ROE] Pelakka Wurm
SB: 2 [WWK] Terastodon
SB: 4 [ZEN] Goblin Ruinblaster
SB: 4 [M11] Autumn Veil

The deck's goal is to ramp out land and manascrew the opponent via Destructive Force. Results have been twofold:

1.The deck is a BLAST to play.
2. It's actually semi-competitive.

Has had little testing against any top decks, but it's beaten Jund 2-1 a couple times.

Biggest all-star is Primeval Titan. Turn 4 or 5 Titan, search up 2 raging Ravines, next turn wildfire 2.0 and beat. Rinse and repeat.

Another thing I like about this deck is that while it uses Lotus cobra, it doesn't rely on it. It more relies on cultivate and explore. Titan's ability to trigger when it EtB allows it to (almost) dodge removal enough to still be a decent addition. Yes, the deck has 30 lands, but that's to allow oracle of Mul Daya some recurring card advantage, much like Turboland has.

Biggest issue is the SB, I suck at building them. Bringing in ruinblasters against Jund is fun (especially cascading into them AFTER wildfiring), and Autumn Veil is pretty needed against any permission or control.

Pelakka helps against RDW, but Terastadon and Goblin Guide were more of "I can't think what else to add."

Tips? Ideas?
EatsMortals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mana leak.
Sigil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EatsMortals wrote:
Mana leak.

Yep that sure is a card. What about it?
Rikets

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: erfhsrgj Reply with quote

just in case you didnt understand mana leak..
warwizard87

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this more as a vulakut( spelling?) deck that can win with titan of vulakut triggers.
Sigil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: erfhsrgj Reply with quote

Rikets wrote:
just in case you didnt understand mana leak..

Yes, I understand Mana Leak. What ABOUT it? Are you saying the deck loses to counterspells? Because IIRC the only cards that DON'T lose to counterspells are uncounterable. /rant

And I actually took the base of the deck from a Valakut deck, but Destructive force and Valakut just don't play nice together.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: erfhsrgj Reply with quote

Sigil wrote:

Yes, I understand Mana Leak. What ABOUT it? Are you saying the deck loses to counterspells? Because IIRC the only cards that DON'T lose to counterspells are uncounterable. /rant

we have mindbreak trap for those Smile
Sigil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: erfhsrgj Reply with quote

HujuVanikil wrote:
Sigil wrote:

we have mindbreak trap for those Smile

XD So instead of "Mana leak.", should EatsMortals have said "Mindbreak Trap." ?

Anyway. Does anyone have any input?
BlackPen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think mana leak is a problem since the decks plays so many lands and acceleration. I think the biggest problem will be not drawing the new wildfire card and the deck being a little slow. I don't really think goblin guides will lhelp in any matchups.
Kamahl182

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are playing the new wildfire probably u should try everflowing chalice.. Also try a couple of avenger of zendikar, that is a good treat to rely less on the d. force
Lynolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought I would see this card alongside Knight of the Reliquary. Anyway, here's a couple of cards you should consider, since only four Primeval Titans as a win condition seems poor:

- Lord of Shatterskull Pass;
- Chandra Nalaar;
- Garruk Wildspeaker.

Also, people that say Mana Leak stops this deck know nothing about Magic. Mr. Green

No, I wasn't being sarcastic.
Sigil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kamahl182 wrote:
If you are playing the new wildfire probably u should try everflowing chalice.. Also try a couple of avenger of zendikar, that is a good treat to rely less on the d. force

Chalice and Avenger were actually both in the original, but it hurt a lot to cast avenger but have a wildfire in hand. It cleans off all the tokens. As per Chalice, It's cute, but it's overall a worse choice than rampant growth. The deck has a lot of t2 plays, and cascading into chalice just makes me want to cry.

Lynolf wrote:
....since only four Primeval Titans as a win condition seems poor:

Actually what usually happens is I wildfire is I still have a Raging Ravine and several lands, and they die to the manland. Will definately test KotR though.[/quote]
Trizzy60

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

add blue play jace
TheShark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, not trying to be a dick but, that deck is not T2 legal...

Rampant Growth is no longer standard Razz
Nickname7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 Island +4 Dispel to sb
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2