Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono Black (M11)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Persecutor = sad face. 4 Corrupt seems like way too many. Some spot remove (Smother, MD Doom Blade) is probably needed. A sweeper (Infest)? I see a few problems here.
cogdill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can target yourself with gatekeeper if you wanted to use persecutor or like u said bone splinters works too but it sucks if you dont have a persecutor in play and you need to use it, also you might like a sorin or lilliana vess in there for a little control.
Mizukage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consuming vapors...ring any bells?
cogdill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I like sadistic sacrement it helps against combo decks I usually run 1 or 2 in my sb other than that pretty decent list
Ggerg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this deck cannot deal with vengevine very well. both persecutor and grave titan block him all day though. persecutor even trades if vengenvine is pumped by elspeth and can swing over to kill her as well. I would probably max out on persecutors while still playing at least the 2 grave titans.

Also, you should know that as this deck stands now (and probably still with any amount of work) you will have very real problems against any sort of proficient jund player
Nukleerboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

// Lands
4 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
17 [4E] Swamp (2)
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs

// Creatures
3 [WWK] Abyssal Persecutor
4 [ZEN] Gatekeeper of Malakir
3 [M11] Grave Titan
4 [TO] Nantuko Shade
3 [ZEN] Vampire Hexmage
4 [ZEN] Vampire Nighthawk

// Spells
2 [ROE] Consuming Vapors
2 [DDC] Corrupt
2 [M10] Doom Blade
3 [TO] Mind Sludge
1 [ZEN] Sorin Markov
4 [M10] Tendrils of Corruption

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M11] Brittle Effigy
SB: 2 [M10] Doom Blade
SB: 3 [GP] Leyline of the Void
SB: 2 [ZEN] Malakir Bloodwitch
SB: 1 [TO] Mind Sludge
SB: 1 [ZEN] Vampire Hexmage
SB: 3 [SAL] Infest

I really like Infest to kill monument decks//tokens.

I completely disagree with Chalice and Sign in Blood.

The biggest problem for this deck is going to be Sprouting Thrinax, I think. I'm pretty sure that's what Nighthawks were there to compensate for.

you could race them.

Mind Sludge will be pivotal and a game winner pretty much every time it lands. The best thing this deck has going for it is going to be it's sideboard.

Another thing to note:
If you look at the past month's decks, there is a huge absence of Great Sable Stag... We'll keep Effigy anyways. Wink
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1