Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystical tutor

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
GoneBananas
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No

Last edited by GoneBananas on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firebelly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personal tutor but that just gets tendrils or ill-gotten gains
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... what the hell are you talking about. The Starcitygames tournament? That all important Midwest Legacy Meta? Meanwhile every Legacy tournament not in the Midwest last weekend (Out of the 6 or so I saw results for) had Mystical Tutor somewhere in the top 8.
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its banned because wizards doesnt want another gp dominated by combo
Steveman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in favor of the Mystical Tutor ban. Sure, Mystical Tutor decks haven't exactly been dominating ever single tournament, but I've never found it particularly fun to get stomped by some **** playing solitaire by himself or having a turn 2 Iona shut down my whole deck.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably 10% of the people at the SCG tournament in the midwest will go to the GP it that, the tournaments I follow on the East Coast. Back to Back Legacy at Jupiter Games in NY both days had Mystical Tutor in top 8. GPT in Ohio Reanimator top 8'd, Meandeck Open I heard ANT top 8'd that was in Columbus, also a random tournament in CA ANT top 8'd. I'd say atleast 100 people who will be at the GP played in NY or Ohio last weekend. I'm sure there are some fine Legacy players in the Midwest but overall I don't put any stock in any results west of Pennsylvania unless it was GP Chicago or something similar. East Coast on a whole has the most seasoned vets in Legacy for a reason, there is a Legacy tourney worth driving hours on end for almost every week. Last weekend was packed full of events. Mystical Tutor was in every top 8 I could find except SCG, but the SCG top 8 in itself was unusual because people from the midwest were in it.

Also if you ever get the chance to goto Jupiter Games in NY I highly recommend it, it's the best MTG store I've ever been to and I've played since Revised. Instead of a commons bin they have the $1 rares bin and it is stocked with good stuff other stores would easily stick in a binder and try to charge $3 for. Also their case normally has a full set of Power F/S and playsets of dual lands, pimp ass foil rares, Beta and FBB dual lands, Tabernacles, Moats, Drains, oh and they have an in house artist who alters power rares for them so aside from having lots of altered art cards F/S they also will have stuff like Legacy tournaments where the top 8 draft playsets of altered duals and side events like $10 entry 8-man winner gets Underground Sea. Store is so boss.
Trizzy60

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The banning seems like a way to open the format up more to aggro decks rather then just quash a "best" deck
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1