Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stupid kick from 20/6 Standard Master

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
AXiLLA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Stupid kick from 20/6 Standard Master Reply with quote

I lost the second round of the 20/6 Standard Master 1-2 vs Simonixx. After this my opponent miss-reported apparently by just writing the result in #master instead of sending it too #result:
[19:53:47] <@Djinn> 3 MINUTES TO REPORT OR BE DISQUALIFIED
[19:55:06] <Simonixx> #result simonixx wins 2-1 vs Axilla
The unedited log of it can be found here.

Djinn (the TC for the master) pasted our names several times on a list of unreported matches in #master. I've been told to report wins and not losses in masters so I didn't report and I got no pm's from anyone. For this we both got kicked from the master. I still don't know what I should have done differently with the "I win" report system.

Idea How about changing "To report: /msg #result I Win X-X vs. Oppname" to "EVERYONE NEEDS TO REPORT! To report: /msg #result X-X vs. Oppname"?

Problem solved.

Thanks Djinn for running the master, you did nothing wrong and I refuse to mail judgedirector@magic-league.com, stop taking it so personal Smile
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Complain Reply with quote

I said it before, and I'll say it again: I completely and totally disaprove the rule in which only the winner gets to report! Evil or Very Mad

I mean, it is always fun when I lose 1-2 and my opponent "misreported" 0-2 for him, and because of that I got 9th in the tiebreakers! Yes, I know the odds of this happening are very low, but so is the chances of topdecking the singleton Baneslayer Angel in your deck against a Red Deck Wins, for example, and you still did it!

And yes, I'd rather have more work running the master because of this than knowing that there's a cheater somewhere between all those reported "I win 2-0 vs. sucker". And no, I'm not considering taking the Judges Test anytime soon and be able to TC a Master.

Sucks to be me, I guess...
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me that the poster simply didn't report properly by omitting the /msg from the line. Djinn even put the procedure in for you 3 times! Yeah it sucks, but you'll just have to take this one on the chin, learn your lesson from it and never let it happen again.

PS: I don't like that only the winner reports, either. If the other guy was on tilt or something and just quits the channel, it's understandable. Honestly though, both should report. You have to sign your slip IRL after your match, so both should report.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1