Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jace + Oracle

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Trivial

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Jace + Oracle Reply with quote

I don't have access to the chatroom (connection issues). When one has both big Jace and Oracle of Mul-Daya in play. Can somebody confirm which cards are revealed when using the Jace Brainstorm ability?

My expectation is:
(1) reveal every draw
(2) reveal top card before returning 2.
(3) return 2 but only reveal the second you return. That is, the first one you put back is not revealed.

Is this correct?

Jeff aka Trivial
runt9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't have to. Considering the ability is not like PONDER, it's like BRAINSTORM. You're not rearranging the cards, you are DRAWING THREE and then putting two from your NOW LARGER HAND onto the top of your library.

Apparently someone got owned by Turboland and thought they could fix the rules...
RDoom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1,3 happen, 2 doesn't i believe.

Also, i have no idea what runt is trying to say
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You reveal every card you draw, and the card on top after you drew 3. Then you put 2 cards on top, but reveal only the top of those 2 cards.
Trivial

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks, Flippi
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those who don't know the rules shouldn't try to answer these questions.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the fuck are you talking about? TugaChampion made a perfectly non-offensive, reasonable post. What he told is true: people who don't know the rules for a certain situation shouldn't post in that topic, like Runt9 did. That'll only mess up the player in a future situation, not to mention the prejudice it might bring to it. Besides, CMA-Flippi already clarified the situation, why would he bother posting the same answer again?

It appears to me that it is you who just lost a good opportunity to STFU. Mr. Green
OilSlick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinconvery wrote:
You are wrong. Tuga confused the situation then. If your guy already clarified it, why post something like that to confuse the other people reading the thread? Useless. The ruling would have been pretty clear had the judge made the ruling and the topic closed, not with him posting his drivel about people who don't know the rules to stop posting.

Read Tuga's post from a non-biased observer's view (just see if you can dispel this bias) and specifically read into the tone of the language. It's an advanced concept to grasp, but I'm sure in Portuguese you know when a writer is conveying an emotion through what is written.

In my own experience, someone who's writing like that does so with an air of arrogance and self-righteousness, just like he (Tuga) did.

So I would repeat that last sentence to you: it is you that lost a good opportunity to be silent. But then again, I don't need to resort to foul language to make my point.

You will live a much happier life if you don't try analyze what people say on the internet
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this topic is done.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1