Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I really need help installing MWS on Win7!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: I really need help installing MWS on Win7! Reply with quote

Hi,

I already installed MWS on another computer with WinXP a few years ago, and I never had any problems at all...
A couple weaks ago, I bought a new PC, but with Win7, and after trying to install MWS on it, I had a few problems. =\

I've installed the game just as I did before on WinXP, following all the steps on the "installation manual", but the problems are:

- a few steps later, when I already can run MWS, I just can't load any themes, cause when I try to do it, the MWS just stops running! Appears the "loading message" as normal, but a few seconds later, an advice from Win appears saying that the program will shut down cause it's having problems running...
I just cant load any theme...

-The other problem I noticed so far, is that I can't change the master base... I can load it with MWS open, it says that it needs to close to make the change as normal... But when you open it again, nothing has changed... The master base keeps the same as before! The same problem occurs even when I replace the older master-base file from the MWS folder for a recent one. When you open MWS, you have the same master as before...

Till now, those are the problems I'm having, and I already tried to install a few times and the same errors keeps appearing!

Did anyone had the same problems?
Should MWS work on Win7 without any kind of troubles?

Can anyone give me some help with this please??

Thanks for your time,
Chakal
mchosa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be sure to install it to C: rather than C:/Program Files

You'll need to create a folder named MWS (C:/MWS)
My MWS works perfectly Win7 Ultimate
Obnoxide

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run MWS fine on my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit laptop, If you are running 64 bit, make sure its located in program files (86x) and not in the regular Program Files directory.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious: Why is it recommended to run it on the Program Files (86x) over the regular Program Files?
mchosa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

because the regular Program Files folder is for 64 bit apps only
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed it on D:\magic workstation....
Hope that's the problem...

I'm gonna try to install it on c:\ or c:\program files (86x)... Not sure which one of you are right, so I'm afraid I have to try both ways... Razz

Anyway, thanks for help! I'm gonna try it and I post the results as soon as I try it!

Thanks,
Chakal
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys... I've installed MWS on C:\ and it works just great... Seems that the problem really was exactly what you told me...

I thought I was still having problems cause I couldn't connect on the 2 usual servers, but seems that they are down or something...

Anyway, I already tried the ML server and it works as it should!

Thanks for your help,
ChakaL
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1