Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap Decks: they can work?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
maurih

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJM wrote:
Normal players, especially young kids from non-wealthy families, have been officially priced out of the game by WOTC.

WOTC is only interested in gouging 22-35 year old virgin nerds such as myself that have lots of disposable income.

They've turned standard into something cheap and whoreish. You really can buy "skill" now.

Play peasant magic, limited, or EDH if you want to have fun on a budget. All constructed formats are too expensive right now to justify spending the money unless you are literally a millionaire.

Legacy? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Extended? $$$$$$$$$$$$
Standard? $$$$$$$$$$
Limited? $$$$
EDH? $$$$$
Peasant Magic? $$

the guys who wanna start to play can't do it... they only play legacy for fun with decks that can't win nothing...

i think the same of you
Jag4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Normal players, especially young kids from non-wealthy families, have been officially priced out of the game by WOTC.

WOTC is only interested in gouging 22-35 year old virgin nerds such as myself that have lots of disposable income.

Agree.Agree.

I've been flamed on other channels for mentioning it, but I really believe that we are experiencing the biggest boom and eventual bust of MTG since Chronicles. There aren't as many poor kids or people with families at live tournaments as they were five or ten years ago, just loads of young (and some in cases very rude and arrogant) kids. I'm worried that theft will become a bigger issue in the future too.

To be honest, the two formats I like at the moment are Legacy and Pauper (in all all formats) as you can still find decks that are innovative and in the case of pauper, are cheap to build.
babaganouch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maurih wrote:
i'm only want to discuss if tou don't accept this critics to your beloved wizards fuck off man, i'm just telling what I think

I just think that pay in a card, for example in my country $50 for each jace(if you can find any for this price some people are paying $75), fuck many of the players that like the format, I love magic but I have other things to buy and pay, I can't pay $500 each year for a deck to play T2

and I work to make a strong deck with no money, but it's very hard very very hard

If you cant afford to play t2 then maybe you should stop bitching at ppl and start playing pokemon.
SJM

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steal a deck box at a standard tourney these days and there is about a 40% chance you just walked away with $1,000 because it is probably U/W, U/W/r, or mythic.

Theft WILL be a bigger problem because the incentive to steal has increased.
maurih

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babaganouch wrote:
maurih wrote:
i'm only want to discuss if tou don't accept this critics to your beloved wizards fuck off man, i'm just telling what I think

I just think that pay in a card, for example in my country $50 for each jace(if you can find any for this price some people are paying $75), fuck many of the players that like the format, I love magic but I have other things to buy and pay, I can't pay $500 each year for a deck to play T2

and I work to make a strong deck with no money, but it's very hard very very hard

If you cant afford to play t2 then maybe you should stop bitching at ppl and start playing pokemon.

man fuck off, i'm interest in a nice discussion not in your crying, go and sell your ass to the dealers of magic
babaganouch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maurih wrote:
babaganouch wrote:
maurih wrote:

man fuck off, i'm interest in a nice discussion not in your crying, go and sell your ass to the dealers of magic

I'm not crying and i never said anything in defense to wizards. In fact, i agree that T2 is far to expensive right now. At the same time though, if you want win, you need the best cards. And the best cards cost $$.
You, on the other hand, claim to be having a discussion about the cost of T2, but yet you've done nothing but bitch (with very poor spelling) and tell ppl to fuck off. How bout you fuck off. Instead of worrying about how much you have to invest in magic, try investing in Rossetta Stone, and stop posting nonsense gibberish.
maurih

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babaganouch wrote:
maurih wrote:
babaganouch wrote:
maurih wrote:

I'm not crying and i never said anything in defense to wizards. In fact, i agree that T2 is far to expensive right now. At the same time though, if you want win, you need the best cards. And the best cards cost $$.
You, on the other hand, claim to be having a discussion about the cost of T2, but yet you've done nothing but bitch (with very poor spelling) and tell ppl to fuck off. How bout you fuck off. Instead of worrying about how much you have to invest in magic, try investing in Rossetta Stone, and stop posting nonsense gibberish.

your first opinion was just bullshit and the same now thx
Dooby12

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting back to the topic at hand.....here is a deck that I built the night before after reading this topiv. Here goes

8xSwamp
8xMountain
4xTerramorphic Expanse
4xAkoum Refuge

4xLightning Bolt
4xBlightning
4xTerminate
4xDuress
4xVanmpire Nighthawk
4xArrogant Bloodlord
4xSign In Blood
4xSlavering Nulls
4xBreath of Malfegor
4xTerminate

Sideboard

4xSuffer the Past
4xDeathmark
4xFireball
3xSmother

Like I said I built this after reading this topic. It's not that bad,and with Summitts getting reprinted and Lavaclaw Reaches not that high($2 in my area) you could add some cheaper rares like Hypnotic Specter and some others and make it better.
OilSlick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This elf deck really is not bad or expensive

// Lands
19 [ZEN] Forest (1)
4 [ZEN] Oran-Rief, the Vastwood

// Creatures
4 [WWK] Wolfbriar Elemental
4 [M10] Elvish Archdruid
4 [WWK] Arbor Elf
1 [ROE] Joraga Treespeaker
4 [M10] Llanowar Elves
1 [WWK] Joraga Warcaller
3 [ZEN] Nissa's Chosen
3 [M10] Master of the Wild Hunt
2 [WWK] Omnath, Locus of Mana

// Spells
3 [ZEN] Eldrazi Monument
2 [ROE] Bear Umbra
2 [ROE] Momentous Fall
2 [M10] Garruk Wildspeaker
2 [ZEN] Nissa Revane
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2