Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And you thought Super Friends was expensive???

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this deck rapes jund, and you.
InWaking

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this deck is supposed to rape jund then two sets in a row where i pulled out no game wins my opponents were very lucky and i was very unlucky.
sad truth is there's a reason this deck didn't get there, it's lacking.
thranarama

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Kibler said that this deck was really difficult to play and that he made a ton of mistakes. I doubt you could just pick it up and win every match. I'm 99% certain that you are a worse player than he is.
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gypsy wrote:
Eldar wrote:
Is it sad if I have the majority of that deck foil xD. Then again I have the entire super friends deck foil and that deck is almost $2K.

its not sad. it just means your not that good at magic and have too much money

This coming from the **** who said "who cares how expensive decks are?". I hate you, I have never met you and I hate you form the core of my being.
InWaking

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thranarama wrote:
Brian Kibler said that this deck was really difficult to play and that he made a ton of mistakes. I doubt you could just pick it up and win every match. I'm 99% certain that you are a worse player than he is.

I may be a worse player, but in my opinion the deck is subpar. Try it yourself instead of taking some dudes word on it I guess.
Eldariel
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InWaking wrote:
thranarama wrote:

I may be a worse player, but in my opinion the deck is subpar. Try it yourself instead of taking some dudes word on it I guess.

I'm imagining his point is "Make sure you aren't making game-losing mistakes before throwing it away"
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caesarthehun wrote:
gypsy wrote:
Eldar wrote:
Is it sad if I have the majority of that deck foil xD. Then again I have the entire super friends deck foil and that deck is almost $2K.

its not sad. it just means your not that good at magic and have too much money

This coming from the **** who said "who cares how expensive decks are?". I hate you, I have never met you and I hate you form the core of my being.

well being expensive is one thing but going out to make your deck foil paying even more money than neccesary is retarded, you should spend the time getting better at magic than trying to get your shiny cards.
SJM

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done with constructed and mythic rares are the cause. I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

Mythic rares have become simply overpowered cards that are required for any deck to be competitive. Once Jund rotates the dominance of decks containing Jace/Gideon/Baneslayer will be overwhelming. I find this unacceptable and disgusting.

I have other expensive hobbies to throw my disposable income at. I guess I'll just play EDH in between limited GP/PTQ seasons. I have always preferred limited formats anyway.
InWaking

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xSNACKSx wrote:
Generally when pros do well with decks and are followed with a bunch of people saying it's not that good and easily exploitable or easy to beat that's their own way of saying, "I'm terrible and instead of finding out why these pros say the deck is good and possible get better I'm going to instead say the deck is terrible and am going to run for president of gaylord land."

That being said everyone who cries about not being able to play Legacy because it's more expensive than any other format can suck it.

instead of believing what every "pro" says try the deck yourself i don't care how pro you play the deck it's not good.
why do you think that it's not possible for a "pro" to build a bad deck and still do okay with it? i bet you will not be seeing that dude play that deck again. i'm good enough player to know when i've made mistakes or simply have been out played. i stand my ground the deck is weak sauce.
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InWaking wrote:
xSNACKSx wrote:
Generally when pros do well with decks and are followed with a bunch of people saying it's not that good and easily exploitable or easy to beat that's their own way of saying, "I'm terrible and instead of finding out why these pros say the deck is good and possible get better I'm going to instead say the deck is terrible and am going to run for president of gaylord land."

That being said everyone who cries about not being able to play Legacy because it's more expensive than any other format can suck it.

instead of believing what every "pro" says try the deck yourself i don't care how pro you play the deck it's not good.
why do you think that it's not possible for a "pro" to build a bad deck and still do okay with it? i bet you will not be seeing that dude play that deck again. i'm good enough player to know when i've made mistakes or simply have been out played. i stand my ground the deck is weak sauce.

no offense but if the deck took 2 top 20 spots at a GP with so few ppl playing it i think it is atleast a contender in the meta
SJM

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SugarShark wrote:
I think our 1st,2nd,3rd at last seattle ptq were all mythic

Fitting that overpaid Seattle yuppies are funding the overpaid yuppie lifestyle of the greedy pigs working for WOTC.
SJM

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xSNACKSx wrote:
SJM wrote:
I'm done with constructed and mythic rares are the cause. I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

Mythic rares have become simply overpowered cards that are required for any deck to be competitive. Once Jund rotates the dominance of decks containing Jace/Gideon/Baneslayer will be overwhelming. I find this unacceptable and disgusting.

I have other expensive hobbies to throw my disposable income at. I guess I'll just play EDH in between limited GP/PTQ seasons. I have always preferred limited formats anyway.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?page=1&action=advanced&rarity=|[M] This is a list of every mythic rare, more than 75% are unplayable. If you want to blame something for being overpowered blame planeswalkers.

Who believes that if Alara block were printed next that Maelstrom Pulse and Knight of the Reliquary wouldn't have been printed as mythics?

Anyone?

Brad Nelson's GP DC winning deck contains a mere 11 mythic rares. Total cost for just those 11 cards? About $540.

Absurd.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3