Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And you thought Super Friends was expensive???

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
VTguy88

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: And you thought Super Friends was expensive??? Reply with quote

There was a new deck posted today online in an article I read, and with a few of the suggested modifications, here is my version of it. The deck placed 17th at GP: DC this past weekend without the modifications, and 4 of the 7 players with it got to Day 2. This deck can get pretty ridiculous as far as advantage goes...and can just run over some people with card advantage and quality using Jace, TMS, Vengevine, and Sea Gate Oracle. The main drawback, as you will see, is that this deck is without a doubt more expensive than Super Friends, coming in close to $1,000. A lot of fun to play though to be sure Smile Any and all comments are welcome!!!

//Lands - 25
5 Forest
2 Island
1 Plains
4 Misty Rainforest
3 Sunpetal Grove
4 Seaside Citadel
4 Celestial Colonnade
2 Stirring Wildwood

// Creatures - 21
2 Birds of Paradise
4 Noble Hierarch
1 Scute Mob
4 Wall of Omens
4 Sea Gate Oracle
2 Ranger of Eos
4 Vengevine

//Other Spells - 14
2 Path to Exile
2 Oblivion Ring
2 Bant Charm
2 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
4 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2 Gideon Jura

//Sideboard
1 Pithing Needle
1 Path to Exile
1 Perimeter Captain
2 Kor Firewalker
1 Qasali Pridemage
2 Negate
2 Deprive
1 Oblivion Ring
2 Linvala, Keeper of Silence
2 Mind Control
InWaking

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tuly do not see this being more expensive than super friends. maybe the same price range but not more. 3 of each planeswalker and 4 paths. martial coup was such a pain in the ass for me to get. only card i'm missing from super friends is a gideon which is equal to 4 of the green rares in that deck imo.

aside from price the deck does look good, i'll certainly have to mws it and test it.
VTguy88

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason it is so expensive is because of the added hierarchs and vengevines. You are running 4 jaces and 2 gideons instead of 3 each, and jace is more. If you add up the prices this comes out about $200 more than Super Friends
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-4 Sea Gate Oracle

+4 Baneslayer Angel

... no reason to go on a budget
mchosa

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol no
keep sea gate oracle
and

+1 Wall of Omens
Shooter
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mythic is still more expensive

deck is pretty nice, but looks like a bit underpowered (in the way monored does)
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who cares how expensive decks are
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool to make "The Most Expensive Deck EVER", starting with P9, 4 JaceTMS, 4 Baneslayer Angel, 4 Vengevine, Gideon Jura, Elspeth etc... When it is finished it could be named "The 4789 Dollar Deck" where the number would be the current average value of the cards in the deck, including SB. Dual-lands would allow 5 colours, but restricted to Vintage legal Very Happy

And it is supposed to be a good deck, mind you!

What is the most expensive (competitive) deck it is possible to build? Any (rich) deckbuilders out there curious about this? Cool
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tested, does really well against non aggro decks, so much card advantage just takes over the game. aggro matchups were more difficult without a wrath, naya was a very close game but pw's bought time for a elspeth'd vengevine to come out of nowhere for the fly over victory.

overall fun to play, worth the price irl? not really.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:
It would be cool to make "The Most Expensive Deck EVER", starting with P9, 4 JaceTMS, 4 Baneslayer Angel, 4 Vengevine, Gideon Jura, Elspeth etc... When it is finished it could be named "The 4789 Dollar Deck" where the number would be the current average value of the cards in the deck, including SB. Dual-lands would allow 5 colours, but restricted to Vintage legal Very Happy

What is the most expensive (competitive) deck it is possible to build? Any (rich) deckbuilders out there curious about this? Cool

depends what format your talking about, and all those cards you mentioned wouldnt even make it into the deck if it was t1
JoshJ
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:

$T4KS was "The Four Thousand Dollar Solution" thanks to the price tag on Workshops, P9, etc.

Jace is the only thing that really gets up there with the Vintage price tags.
Eldariel
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ubastax is hilarious for price; full sets of Bazaars, Workshops and obviously Solomoxen. If you only found way to somehow squeeze Drains + P9 in there (good luck), it'd pretty much make a no-contest out of this. And make it base-UB 'cause UG Sea is the most expensive dual.
Eldar

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it sad if I have the majority of that deck foil xD. Then again I have the entire super friends deck foil and that deck is almost $2K.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Is it sad if I have the majority of that deck foil xD. Then again I have the entire super friends deck foil and that deck is almost $2K.

its not sad. it just means your not that good at magic and have too much money
InWaking

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tested this deck and got rolled by jund 2 sets in a row my first two sets so i've decided to never play it again. stick to mythic conscription or super friends this deck is nothing but casual bookaki.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3