Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big WW

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Big WW Reply with quote

Dont't hate me for netdecking...at least it isn't another OMG THIS IS THE BEST JUND...

2 Iona, Shield of Emeria
3 Kor Cartographer
4 Kor Skyfisher
4 Lone Missionary
3 Pilgrim's Eye
4 Wall of Omens

4 Day of Judgment
2 Expedition Map
2 Martial Coup
4 Oblivion Ring
4 Path to Exile

4 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
20 Plains

SIDEBOARD
2 Celestial Purge
3 Devout Lightcaster
1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
4 Kor Firewalker
3 Luminarch Ascension
2 Marshal's Anthem

I saw this in a PTQ top 8 and I really enjoy it. It is easily one of the cheapest decks in standard (Not that it matters on M-L) and it still has significant m/u ps. Jund IS still the deck to beat and this deck halts jund. Halts it dead. W/U is pretty 50/50 with the win usually going to WU for an active planeswalker and to WW for an active emeria. Polymorph is no prob with the various board sweeps and O-ring (unless they play the Iona variant, which is VERY difficult to beat any ideas there?).
What I am really worried about is the GU or GR tempo decks that are out there, when an emeria hits the GY it is usually game over.
But besides that (and most importantly against most of the majorly played decks in standard) this deck shines as the poo mans last hope. Any ideas to help:
Iona Poly.
Mirror Match
GRuTempo
MUs?

And other good ideas of course. Thanks!
SidMeier

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basilisk Collar and a flying blocker seem like the only real out to iona beat down.
aqualad33
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a deck i posted few days ago. My input is to make sure that you at least have planar clense and all is dust in the sb. If not put the orings in the sb and md the sweepers. Also you are making a big mistake by not including the baneslayers. They simply win games. Also you may want to consider survival cash, due to the insane card advantage it can cause, and it usually does with all the life gain, also try KOTWO, the card advantage tempo and 2/2 firststrike is awesome. And helps set up emeria, also i have found the pithing needle and world queller are devastating against control. And dont forget to include a couple tectonic edges yourself. As for polymorph, still trying to figure that one out Smile
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@sugarshark
It top 8d at salt lake city ptq (lol).
@Aqualad33
I saw your deck a few days ago btw, I do really like KOTWO and i might pull pilgrims eye for them, but I just cant rationalize (to myself) dropping 200 for four cards. Nor can i rationalize survival cache (or the silence you were playing in your deck) because of the space it takes.

But All is dust
might just
be a must.

(yes a poem)
Obnoxide

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like to rationalize life gain and card advantage either. Who does that? I took aqualad's deck, (actually tirdape posted in chat one day a couple weeks ago), and decided to tweek it for play. I'm almost finished with the sideboard and will post it soon.

My only thing about this version is that martial coup sucks in this deck so hard. If I want to pay 7cc for mass removal, I want to take their Planeswalkers, artifacts (if planar cleanse), and enchantments with it. Usually by the time I use Coup, I already have Emeria pumping creatures back, so I don't need to worry more about having creatures next turn as I do about getting rid of some of the other big stuff out there. If they are using O-Ring, I get some creatures back. If they are using luminarchs, then they don't keep their win condition. Instead of 2 Iona's in this deck, I like to run 1 Iona and 1 Felidar Sovereign. Sometimes Iona just doesn't cut it.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playtested it, it really is all that and a bag of chips if you add in knights and baneslayer. all is dust rocks as well.
caesarthehun

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@hujuVanikil
Just out of curiosity, what did you rip for space?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1