Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U/R Infinite mana

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kaoak

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

combo is too hard to gather, so dont make it harder and use fabricate
Nickname7

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should run mind springs and -2 banefire
Sprouts

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont agree with any of the comments. It seems like you need more draw in general instead of just the khalni gem tutor, in fact, the gem is the most stable piece of the combo (you only need it on turn 4 and it has little removal against it). Second, keeping 1 banefire is too risky, what happens if it gets duressed? I havent tested the deck, but on first glance it seems like it has no way to resist any type of aggro other than comboing fast (which doesnt happen till turn 5 if your lucky. I suggest cutting the red (gems already add any color for banefire) and going white, so you have access to wall of omens, and other removal. Try maybe reality spasm as a pseude gigadrowse, which is good to buy time against aggro or shut down controls counters. I also think you need more low cost draw, spreading seas comes to mind. Ill have more to say when i test the deck
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think fabricate is a good card to play here. I don't see why not.

You could go with the 1/2 that lowers artifacts casting costs as well.

I like the idea of mono blue better as well. You could find a different kill method and maybe just play 1x banefire to get off of Mind springs.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you need Sphinx for?

Edit: What I mean is - you don't actually need mountains in there to win with Banefire. And you certainly don't need alternate win conditions. To make the combo work at all you need to go all-in in order to maximize the chances of going off.

What you do need is to stay alive long enough to play Filigree sages with countermana open. You also need Ponder and other draw manipulation in order to gather the four-piece combo. Mind Spring is a good idea but only one Banefire is too risky.
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop the sphinx for sea gate oracle, should buy you some time vs aggro. Also drop the dispell for 2 fabricate, a 4th traning ground, 4th see beyond.

Having mana up for either negate or deprive should be enough vs most decks. May work if the meta becomes control dominated enough.
Nickname7

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add 1 Keening Stone so with infinite mana + fabricate you can fetch it and win just if opp has at least 1 card in his grave Very Happy
Nickname7

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 banefire & 1 keening stone obv
OldBear

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I liked the idea enough to build up a list on modo and test with it. Although I've only really played a few games with it I'm really excited about the deck, I think it stands a chance vs aggro as well, I was able to 2-0 mono red burn:).

After a bit of testing this is what I came up with, I've just gone for maximum consistany and as little metagaming as possible. As with combo decks you need to first worry about if the combo is consistant enough to stand up regardless of meta and early testing says it is.

Here's my list

4 Ponder
4 Training Ground
4 See beyond
4 Negate
2 Deprive
4 Sea Gate Oracle
3 Divination
4 Filigree Sages
4 Khalni Gem
4 Bane fire
4 Halimar depths
4 Misty Rainforest
15 island

Sb

2 Deprive
3 Into the roil
1 Jace Beleren
2 Jace the Mind sculptor
4 Flashfreeze
3 Kraken Hatchling

Cut Jace for md, as you beat control anyway game 1. Ponder is a huge addition to this deck. Into the roil is neat in sb vs decks that bring in o-ring, to taking the fight to there turn:) also helps out vs meddling made, pithing needle etc other random sb cards.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1