Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The most powerful color in RoE

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
TwiStar

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: The most powerful color in RoE Reply with quote

While i think that everyone will agree that black is the weakest color in ROE, i think other colors are more balanced. What do you think the most powerful color/color combination is in ROE is, and why?
bosty

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best color must be red, with all the prime removal at common (Staggershock, Forked Bolt, the 4-damage 1 mana thing, Heat Ray, etc)

Nonetheless, the best color combination is Blue/White, due to all the evasion critters and relatively efficient removal.
Kienan

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of white, as it has some pretty sweet removal. If you can keep your creatures alive, Smite will kill any blockable attacking creature outright, Guard Duty can stop creatures from attacking, and Oust (uncommon) is quite good for buying time, or getting rid of a leveler. White also has nice fliers, umbras, and levelers, to name a few. Plus white has Dawnglare Invoker which, although I haven't had a chance to play with it myself, is apparently incredibly powerful, and will win games. Game winners at common is a strong incentive to play a color I already like anyway... Smile

I agree, though, red is also quite powerful. Lots of burn (of course), and some nice creatures too. Brimstone Mage and Soulsurge Elemental (both uncommons) did very well for me last draft. The Elemental is pretty amazing, if you can keep your other creatures alive.
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White is the best in my opinion.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1