Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T2 BWR Control *Top8'd in San Diego*

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
DaShakAttack

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touche ahha, the baneslayers there for jund?
taking this to a ptq this weekend
AkYo

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah Baneslayer comes in vs RDW, Jund, any aggro.. sometimes i take out persecutors just test the shit out of it on MWS until you get the feel of how you want the deck to work because it is flexible.

I assume you kno what Luminarch is for. It should be a great addition vs the new UWR planeswalker deck and if you name oblivion ring w/ thought hemorrhage it is going to be tough for them to answer luminarch
loki3

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this alot. Duress is crucial against Planeswalkers in UW(r) control. And is really nice to see their hand. With Lunimarch, Hemorrhage, Blightning, Duress, and Ajani, your matchup with control is very good. Games 2 and 3 are the best, of course.

And why Persecutor over BSA maindeck? Do you ever want AP more than BSA? Or are there times when you need both?

Yes, he's big/fast and beats a lone, enemy BSA. But if you go BSA main, and AP nowhere, you'd have 4 more solid sideboard slots.

With your deck, against UW(r) Control, I've ended up going -3 DoJ, -4 AP, -2 Terminate, +3 Hemmorage, +4 Luminarch, +2 BSA. DoJ is bad against Control. That makes AP a lot worse, if you can't get rid of him. And Terminate is unnecessary too. But you can keep it in for Colonnade and Gideon if you want. Terminate might be better than the 2 BSA... but if you need to terminate against UW(r), you've already lost.
DaShakAttack

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im running inquistion over duress to shore up the jund matchup, which is the most important match up..also duress is really bad against alot of bant variants. and baneslayer's instead of gideon....also better against jund then gideon i believe.
AkYo

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah deck is tight unless you're Spencer and mull to 5 only to rip triple inquisition of kozilek >.<

LoL wow i know thats tiiiight.. anyway i've been siding out bolt and kept 4 AP to kill their planeswalkers. I still like duress main and 3x Gideon.

(+13)
+4 Luminarch Ascension
+3 Thought Hemorrhage
+2 Celestial Purge
+4 Baneslayer Angel
(-13)
-4 Lightning Bolt
-2 Terminate
-3 Day of Judgment
-4 Wall of Omens

You can still kill your abyssal with gideon, ob ring, purge
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2