Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The WORST/BEST standard deck I've seen post 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Mr_DoomZ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: The WORST/BEST standard deck I've seen post 2 Reply with quote

So if you saw my first post you may be prepared for this crap. So I just got done playing in the master and this was the list I went 5-2 with

DECK NAME: Protect the Fatties(PTF)

// Lands
3 [M10] Island (4)
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
10 [ALA] Forest (1)
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest

// Creatures
3 [ALA] Mycoloth
4 [M10] Birds of Paradise
4 [CFX] Noble Hierarch
3 [M10] Llanowar Elves
4 [ROE] Joraga Treespeaker
3 [ZEN] Terra Stomper

// Spells
4 [M10] Garruk Wildspeaker
4 [ZEN] Gigantiform
2 [WWK] Dispel
4 [ZEN] Vines of Vastwood
4 [M10] Negate

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ZEN] Terra Stomper
SB: 4 [ZEN] Spell Pierce
SB: 4 [WWK] Leatherback Baloth
SB: 2 [WWK] Strength of the Tajuru
SB: 2 [M10] Fog
SB: 2 [CFX] Telemin Performance

I lost to UW round 1(a good MU) won game 1 with a blowout negate. game 2 and 3 I got pretty rediculasly unlucky cant do anything about that.
So 2-0'd my next 2 rounds hitting Mono red (not a good MU) so the games were intensely close all 3. I found out very quick that an 8/1 ball lightning is not fun to deal with, so I just recently added fogs in a seemingly blank slot in my SB for the monored MU I then piloted my pile to another few 2-0's finding a final slot as 13th.

FINAL THOUGHTS!
Mycoliths suck... really really REALLY bad. the reason is because they are so quick to die. on the other hand if it devours 2-3 creatures and is aloud to live 1-2 turns its a complete fucking blowout.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

er... wouldn't you wanna go bant, or WG instead? Cuz going with white you could get KoTR, a much better option than Mycoloth (plus, with Sejiri Steppe, you can PROTECT THE FATTIES). Also, with white, you can have Endure the Elements! Blue isn't really necessary for you to protect the fatties... although protect against Spells that kill all your creatures is good, haha.

Nice build though... I'd go with Terastadon and Summoning Trap...
kumagmd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SugarShark wrote:
15 mana dorks is cutting into your fat

A mana dork with a Gigantiform on it is a FRICKIN' HUGE mana dork.
Mr_DoomZ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished up a no max. round 1 took out UW(easy) round 2 hit WW a bit harder, their fat creatures kinda outweigh my dorks and they just path away the fatties, when I cant protect. so me and my op both had really REALLY shitty luck game 1 was his all the way around. game 2 oh man... game fucking 2 was insane I had a mycolith on TEN!!!! for over 8 turns!!! game 3 he got the really bad luck, but for him taking a Mulligan to 5 and and having double path for a kicked gigantiform its not a bad mull. sad for him I didnt run out of gas.

SO I lost round 3 to guess what... RDW Needing some more options for SB

Also I hate the white idea, White cant deal with DoJ or coup
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1